Call for Proposals
Successful Proposal Suggestions
Suggestions for a Successful Proposal
Suggestions for Writing an Successful Grant Proposal
- Title: Describe your project with a very informative
name. Don't be generic, such as "biology of plankton."
- Abstract: State your research problem, i. e., what is the
- Introduction: Provide background information surveying
peer-reviewed, journal articles that are relevant to your research
question. Cite the scientific literature in your introduction and
place the references on a reference page.
- Methods: Give the technical details regarding how you are
going to investigate your research problem. Additional literature
citations referring to specialized lab techniques may be included here.
- References: Literature cited.
- Budget: Provide a detailed description of each item or
analytical service you plan to purchase, including vendor, catalog number
(if an item), and cost. It's best to call the vendors to check on
shipping and handling costs and additional fees, such as hazardous shipping
fee, ice-pack, etc. The student must
prioritize the budget items, anticipating that the proposal may not be