New Student Preview Portfolio - PDF (requires Acrobat Reader X)
Smartphones and Mobile Devices
This page contains information to assist you in setting up your smart phone or mobile device to use with SU's wireless and email. All guides are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format unless otherwise noted.
Salisbury University provides wireless access to students, faculty and staff to facilitate the spread of and support for wireless networking technologies. Our wireless network follows the 802.11A/B/G/N standard, allowing a maximum theoretical data transfer rate of 300Mbps on N.
Wireless is available in all academic and administrative buildings, all residence halls, and in University Park.
To get connected to our network, you will need a wireless network card or adapter. Please follow the following instructions to connect to SU's wireless network:
- SU-Secure is the new WPA2 Encrypted wireless network and the preferred network for smartphones and mobile devices. Please attempt to connect to SU-Secure before proceeding with additional steps.
- If you cannot connect to SU-Secure, connect to the SU-Connect network, and an automated assistance process will aid you in setting your device up for access to the SU-Secure network.
- Detailed setup instructions for this
SU-Secure are below in case SU-Connect
is not sufficient:
- iPad Setup
- iPhone Setup
- MacOS X Setup
- Windows 7 Setup
- Windows 8 Setup
- Android, Nook, Kindle and Blackberry Setup
- Preconfigure Your Device for SU Wireless Access
- Thawte Primary Root CA Certificate (Zip file) - If you are missing the "Thawte Root CA" certificate referenced in the guides above, you can download and install it here. Download the zip file, then unzip the file and run the certificate on your computer.
Students: Already set up your student email on your mobile phone? Make sure to update the server settings to outlook.office365.com. If you're having trouble, see instructions for your phone or mobile device in Office Web App Help.
- Student Email: iPad Setup
- Student Email: iPhone Setup
- Student Email: Windows 8 Setup
- Student Email: Android, Kindle, Nook and Blackberry Setup
- Faculty and Staff Email: iPad Setup
- Faculty and Staff Email: iPhone Setup
- Faculty and Staff Email: Windows 8 Setup
- Faculty and Staff Email: Android, Kindle, Nook and Blackberry Setup
- Suggested Apps for iOS Devices - iPads, iPhones, iPod Touch
- Lenovo ThinkPad t520 Users Guide
iPad Users Guide for iOS6
Help and Assistance
- MyPassword - Use to set a new password
- Guides and How-To's - Complete list of our Guides and other documents
* * *