Breakout Rooms - TETC
- Now: Mon May 04 13:22:32 EDT 2015
- Today: $today
- May 4, 2015 1:22:32 PM
- 5-04-2015 01:22 PM
- May 4, 2015 1:22:32 PM EDT
Information Technology has four private rooms called "Breakout Rooms" that students and faculty may reserve during our normal TETC lab hours. These are intended for group study and projects, to give groups a place where they may work together and discuss projects without disturbing others in a lab setting. Each breakout room is associated with one of the four TE computer labs.
Each of the rooms include a computer (set up to mirror the current software in its associated lab), a table with four chairs, and a whiteboard. Dry erase markers and erasers may be borrowed from the Help Desk at the time of reservation. The computer does not have speakers. If you need sound, you will need to bring your own headphones.
Reserving a Breakout Room
- Breakout rooms may be reserved up to a week in advance. Requests must be made in TE 113. We cannot take requests by phone or email.
- You may request or reserve a room for up to two hours. One hour extensions will be granted if the schedule allows. You may request an extension within the last 15 minutes of your current reservation.
- You must check in for your reservation prior to your start time. If you have not confirmed your reservation by five minutes after the start of your reservation, your room will be opened to others on a first come, first served basis.
- You must present a Gull Card or other identification showing you are a current SU student at the time of your reservation. An IT staff member will open the room for you; room cards are no longer used. If you need to leave the room at any time during your reservation, come into TE 113 to be let back into your room.
Breakout Room Rules
- No food is allowed in the breakout room.
- Do not prop the door. Information Technology is not responsible for damage or loss of property. If you must leave the room, let someone know in TE 113 when you return to let you back into the room. You may be asked for your Gull Card for re-entry.
- Lost items. Items left behind after a reservation will be cataloged and stored at the IT Help Desk in TE 113.
- The computer in TE 109 is loaded with the same software found in TE 110B.
- The computer in TE 111 is loaded with the same software found in TE 116A.
- The computer in TE 112 is loaded with the same software found in TE 116B.