Getting Started with Information Technology: Faculty
Within our site, we have a wide selection of resources to assist faculty with their technology needs. This page is intended to help you learn about and navigate through those resources to find the information and assistance you need.
Accounts and Email
- Guide to University Faculty and Staff Accounts - This sheet covers how to use and manage your SU account.
- GullNet: How To Guide - Faculty - A brief introduction to the many features of GullNet of interest to faculty.
- Resetting Your Password - A guide to managing your password.
- Using Class Lists in Outlook - This sheet covers how to use our automatically created email class lists for each course and section in your Global Address Book within Outlook to communicate with your students.
- Email Security: Phishing - This guide covers how to recognize a phishing email and what to do if you receive one.
- Campus-wide Emailing Guidelines - Tips and requirements for sending to multiple recipients.
- Email Security - General tips to protect yourself while using SU email.
Wireless, Smartphones and Mobile Devices
- Configure Your Device for SU Wireless Access - Set up your personal laptop, phone, or other wireless device for use with the SU wireless network.
- Faculty and Staff Email: iPad Setup - Set up your SU email on your iPad.
- Faculty and Staff Email: iPhone Setup - Set up your SU email on your iPhone.
- Faculty and Staff Email: Windows 8 Setup - Set up your SU email on your Windows 8 device.
- Faculty and Staff Email: Android, Kindle, Nook and Blackberry Setup - Set up your SU email on your Android or other mobile device.
IT Lab Locations and Reservations
- Information Technology Lab Locations - A map of the IT labs on campus.
- How to Reserve An Information Technology Lab - This guide covers the basics of reserving an IT computer lab for use with your class.
- VPN Access for Faculty and Staff - Accessing Network Drives from home.
- Preparing an SU Laptop for Off-campus Use - Set up your SU laptop for use off-campus.
Other Useful Guides
In addition to the guides provided during New Faculty Orientation, faculty members may find the following guides useful:
- New Faculty Account and Lab Information Brochure - A small folded brochure that covers some basic information about Information Technology on SU.
- Information Technology Computing Quick Reference for Faculty - A handy quick reference guide that has frequently needed information in a single double-sided page.
- Scanning from Canon or Xerox Printers - A guide on using your department's Canon or Xerox all-in-one printers to scan a document.
- Using the SU Voicemail System - A guide covering how to use the SU voicemail system on your office phone.
- Guide to MEEC Software for Faculty/Staff - An informational sheet covering the availability of discounted software for faculty and staff through the Maryland Educational Enterprise Consortium (MEEC) agreement.
- Installing a Network Printer on a University Computer (Windows) - How to add departmental printers to your office computer.