Information Technology Guides and How-To's
This page contains guides and how-to's for frequently used technology services, organized by subject. If you don't see a guide on a particular subject and would like to see one created, you may request one by submitting a ticket at http://support.salisbury.edu, and we'll do our best to try to provide those instructions for you.
All guides are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format unless otherwise noted. Click on the topic heading to view guides for that topic.
- Account Creation Process for Faculty, Staff and Student Workers
- Name Change Request Process
- Account Lifecycles - Gaining and Losing Access Guide
- Resetting Your Password - a guide to managing your password.
- Requesting a Guest Account
- Working with Network Drives - About network drives, drive mappings and personal web space.
- Faculty and Staff
- Hardware and Printing
- Operating Systems
- Office 2010
- Using Word 2010
- Using Excel 2010
- Using PowerPoint 2010
- Using Access 2010
- Using Publisher 2010
- Performing Mail Merges with Word
- Printing Multiple PowerPoint Slides on a Single Page using PowerPoint 2010
- Creating a Letterhead Using Macros in Word 2010
- Default File Locations
- FrontPage to Expression Web - from Microsoft
- Office 2011 for Macintosh
- Office 2013
- Office 365
- About Phishing
- Campus-wide Emailing Guidelines
- About Class Lists
- About Campus-Bulletin-Digest
- Email Security
- Student Email (Office 365)
- Faculty and Staff Email
- Archiving: Using Enterprise Vault with Outlook 2010 and Outlook Web Access
- Outlook 2010: Guide to Shared Accounts, Mailboxes and Calendars
- Outlook 2010: Creating Student Email Distribution Lists Using GullNet
- Outlook 2011: Using Outlook 2001 for Mac
- Faculty and Staff Email: iPad Setup
- Faculty and Staff Email: iPhone Setup
- Faculty and Staff Email: Windows 8 Setup
- Faculty and Staff Email: Android, Kindle, Nook and Blackberry Setup
- Faculty and Staff
- IT Computing Quick Reference
- Using the Online Ticketing System (Social Client)
- New Students and Visitors
- Help Desk Student Employment
- SU Acceptable Use Policy
- SU Email Acceptable Use Policy
- Security Agreement
- Safeguards for Dealing with Sensitive Information
- University System of Maryland Records Retention Standards
- Guide to using the SU Temporary Faculty Member Contract Template
- Clearing your Cache Guide
- Using SkyDrive
- Creating Web Pages and Links
- What's New in Internet Explorer 10?
- How to Find Your Mac Address
- How to Release and Renew an IP Address
- Network Compatible Devices
- Using AxCrypt - encryption software. Using this product is for personal data use. If you are looking to protect University data, please first contact the Information Security Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Malware/Spyware Prevention Guide
- Mobile Security Guide
- Mobile Security Tips - guide from stopthinkconnect.org
- Safe Computing Tips - guide from stopthinkconnect.org
- Registrar: Obtaining Transcripts
- Using Scantron
- Disaster Recovery Guides
- Users Guides
- Residence Hall Printing
- Computer Lab Locations
- Lab Rules
- Lab Software Configuration
- How to Reserve A Lab
- Computer Lab Security
- How to Print Single Sided
- How to Release a Print Job using GoPrint
- Scanning in an IT Computer Lab
- New Student Preview Guides
New Student Preview Portfolio - A collection
of all the guides used during the New Student
Preview presentation, listed individually below. This requires
Acrobat Reader and may also require an
- Information Technology Brochure - A thin brochure that lists many of the services provided to the University by Information Technology.
- Suggested Computer Specifications - A guide that helps the reader to determine what devices to bring and what not to bring to campus.
- Guide to University Student Accounts - A guide that covers the accounts that students receive when they attend SU and what those accounts provide.
- GullNet How To Guide - A guide covering the basic tasks a typical student might need to perform within GullNet, such as checking grades and adding or dropping classes.
- Configure Your Computer For SU Wireless - A guide to help you use our connection wizard to configure your computer to use SU_Secure, our SU Wireless network.
- Lab Locations - A map and listing of our IT computer labs and locations.
- MEEC Agreement Software Discounts - A guide that covers our MEEC agreement and the software discounts it provides.
- University Police Computer Engraving - A link to the University Police site, which provides engraving and computer registration for theft prevention.
- New Faculty Orientation Guides - all the guides mentioned in the New Faculty Orientation session can be found collected on this page.
- Useful Links - guides, webpages and support sites that are not part of the Information Technology website.