Student Health Services
navigation icon opens menu

Primary Care for Health Conditions

Services Provided

Services Provided


Frequently Asked Questions

Self Care Center

scontent: 1 bValue: -1 eValue:1

Services Provided

Salisbury University Student Health Services (SHS) offers the students a wide range of medical care.

Primary Services

Treatment for:

  • Injuries
  • Illnesses
  • GYN Concerns
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases
  • HIV Counseling/Testing

In Addition:

  • Allergy Injections
  • Immunizations
  • Pregnancy Testing
  • Miscellaneous Diagnostic Lab Tests
  • Physicals
  • Contraceptive Services and Counseling
  • Medical Referrals
  • Psychological Counseling Referrals
  • Alcohol/Drug Information
  • Health and Wellness Education
  • Peer Education Programs
  • Prescription Services

Also available - Self-care Center for:

  • Colds
  • Flu
  • Menstrual Cramps
  • Wound Care
  • Headaches
  • A wide range of educational brochures are available.

Elective Services (see fee schedule under policies/fees)


  • Allergy Shots
  • Diphtheria/Tetanus
  • Hepatitis B Vaccine
  • Tetanus/Pertussis (Tdap)
  • Meningitis Vaccine
  • Measles/Mumps/Rubella Vaccine


  • Mono Test
  • Glucose Test
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Vision
  • Hemacult
  • STD Screening
  • Tuberculosis (PPD test)


  • Emergency Contraception
  • Nebulizer Treatment
  • Prescriptions as indicated

Miscellaneous Services:

  • Suture Removal
  • Wart Treatment


  • Crutches
  • Wheelchair


All patient visits are by appointment only. Students may call the SHS at 410 543-6262 to make an appointment. If no appointments are available, a RN will return the patients call to discuss the nature and urgency of the problem. Rarely do students have to wait more than 1-2 days for an appointment. A minimum patient visit fee of $15 is charged for each visit. Students can pay by check or Gull Card at the time of service.

Frequently Asked Questions

You have a medically urgent problem when SHS is not open?

  1. Contact the resident assistant, resident director or area director for you residence hall; or
  2. Call University Police at 410-543-6222.

What If...There is an apparent life-threatening situation?

  1. Call an ambulance at 911; or
  2. Call 410-543-6222; and
  3. Notify the resident assistant or area director as soon as possible.

What If...You need a specialist like a dentist, dermatologist, ophthalmologist or psychiatrist?

  • The Student Health Services staff has a referral list. (Note: The student will be responsible for these medical bills.)

What If...You don't have transportation or are disabled by injury or illness?

  • Emergency transportation to SHS or Peninsula Regional Medical Center can be made by the University Police. Students must make their own arrangements for off campus prescheduled appointments. Plan ahead so that you know how to handle potential situations.

Self Care Center

SHS offers a self-care center for treatment of minor illnesses/injuries. Instructional pamphlets are available and non-prescription medications are included in some of the self-care packets.

The self-care center helps with:

  • Canker sores
  • Colds
  • Constipation
  • Cough
  • Diarrhea
  • Flu
  • Headache
  • Jock Itch
  • Menstrual Cramps
  • Nausea and Vomiting
  • Sore Throat
  • Strains and Sprains
  • Wound Care

This service is FREE and is located in the waiting room of the SHS.