HPV VACCINE- GARDASIL
- Gardasil protects against 4 of the most aggressive strains of HPV which have been linked to cervical cancers
- Series of 3 injections; dose 2 at 2 months and dose 3 at 6 months after 1st dose
- The immunization protects against strains responsible for 70% of cervical cancers & 90% of genital warts
You will need to check with your insurance company about coverage of vaccine:
- If covered, it is covered by one's medical insurance, not pharmacy plan
- Covered by 94% of medical plans nationwide
- Call your insurance company 800 # to find out if HPV Vaccine is covered
SHS can provide HPV injections:
Student Health offers vaccine to SHS students for $165/dose.
If you are interested in the HPV Vaccine, call SHS for a appointment for Students need to call and set up appointment time.
Plan to stay in the SHS office for a 20 minute observation period after the vaccine is administered.
You will most likely need to pay for it out of your own pocket and apply for reimbursement through your medical insurance
if they do cover the immunization. Call your medical insurance company for detailed directions on how this is handled.
For more information call (410) 543 - 6262