Student Health Services
navigation icon opens menu

Afterhours & Emergency Health Care


If there is an apparent life-threatening situation:

  1. Call an ambulance at 911 (9-911 on campus); or
  2. Call 410-543-6222; and
  3. Notify the resident assistant or area director as soon as possible.


If you have a medically urgent problem when SHS is not open:

  1. Contact the resident assistant, resident director or area director for your residence hall; or
  2. Call University police at 410-543-6222
  • Emergency Department Peninsula Regional Medical Center
    100 E. Carroll Street (On the corner of Rt. 13 traveling north from campus)

    In addition to emergency care, the ED offers Fast Track services for urgent medical needs that cannot wait until SHS opens.
  • Your Doc's In
    2425 N. Salisbury Boulevard, just north of the Centre at Salisbury
  • Salisbury Immediate Care
    659 S. Salisbury Blvd. (across from WaWa on Rt. 13)

    Both facilities offer on site x-ray, lab and prescriptive services. They accept health insurance plans.

In the event that you do not have safe transportation, please call University Police at