Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University BW
A Maryland University of National Distinction
navigation icon opens header SALISBURY UNIVERSITY

Event Technical Services
mobile menu icon

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What services does Event Technical Services provide?

A: Audio-visual, live sound and lighting. Although Event Technical Services does not provide tables, chairs, stages, etc. for events, we can direct you to Support Services who will help in those areas. Event Technical Services also does not service computers or provide any services that have to do with technology in the classroom. For those services, please contact Information Technology (IT) or call at 410-677-5454. All of our services are for events outside of the classroom.

Q: Do we reserve or rent rooms?

A: Event Technical Services is not responsible for reserving or renting rooms. Once again, we provide audio-visual, live sound, and lighting services and equipment. To inquire about reserving or renting rooms please contact Conference Planning.

Q: Where is the Event Technical Services office located?

A: Bateman Street Building (B1) Room 115. When you enter building B1 (white building), our office is the third door on the left with the big glass windows. Our building is off campus and directly across the Wayne Street Parking Garage. Our building is between the Wicomico Board of Elections building and the back of Pat’s Pizzeria. Campus Map

Q: What buildings on campus do we serve?

A: Guerrieri University Center, Holloway Hall, the Commons, Maggs Physical Activities Center, and various outdoor and off-campus locations. For functions inside the classroom, please see the Classrooms and Meeting Spaces section on the IT Help Desk website.

Q: How far in advance should you contact us to acquire our services?

A: We need at least two weeks of notice. If you are contracting a performing group, a Technical Rider must be provided and approved by Event Technical Services Coordinator Matt Hill at least eight weeks in advance. This will only be done after every step has already been completed at the bottom of our homepage.

Q: Where can I get ticketing information?

A: Event Technical Services does not deal with ticketing information, but Cultural Affairs, the Box Office or the Information Desk will be glad to assist you.

* * *

Need help or have questions about this page? Please visit our Ask a Question or Report a Problem page.
Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000