Graduate Research and Presentation Grant (RAP)
- Now: Thu Mar 12 11:59:35 EDT 2015
- Today: $today
- Mar 12, 2015 11:59:35 AM
- 3-12-2015 11:59 AM
- March 12, 2015 11:59:35 AM EDT
RAP Grants are awarded twice during each academic year.
Spring 2015 Submissions:
- The Graduate Research and Presentation Grant (RAP)Committee will be accepting applications from now until Monday, February 16, 2015 at 5pm.
- Research grants, up to $500, are available to help support graduate research endeavors related to developing and conducting research, with a faculty supervisor, and the presentation of research/scholarly pursuits at meetings. Students should not request funding in excess of the grant awards. See Application Procedures below.
In any given semester, a student should make only one application for funding. A student may be funded only twice in their academic career.
- Students must be enrolled in a graduate degree-seeking program.
- Proposals involving live animals or human subjects must be approved by the Universitys Animal Care and Use Committee or Institutional Review Board-Committee on Human Research before your grant application is submitted.
- Grants may be requested for the following expenses:
- Travel to present research or academic projects at professional meetings.
- Support for research and scholarly activity including equipment, supplies, photocopying, preparation of materials, etc.
- Awards are made on the merits of the proposal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- All monies must be spent by the last week of the following semester. For spring allocations, all monies must be spent by the last week of the fall semester. For fall allocations, money must be spent by the last week of the spring semester. Unspent money by the grant's ending date will revert to the University.
- A final report of research activities and a completed expense statement must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research by the end of the project period as determined in number (7).
Back to Top
A description of what must be included in each RAP grant application is listed below. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Complete the following forms online, print, and submit as a package
with numbers 2 and 3 below.
- RAP Grant Application
- Itemized Budget Request
- Out-of-State Travel Request (as appropriate)
For research proposals, provide a formal description of your research project,
including your expected sample and methodology in two to four typed, double-spaced pages. Also, include your results and conclusions if your research is complete and funds are being sought for conference presentation. We also a require a brief, 200-word abstract that will be used in our Re:Search magazine.
For proposals related to the presentation of other scholarly pursuits, in two
to four typed, double-spaced pages, please describe the process used to develop your scholarship, including the nature of the scholarship, influences, and its potential contribution to your field of study. We also a require a brief, 200-word abstract that will be used in our Re:Search magazine.
For all proposals, specifically identify the activities that will be carried out with the
help of the grant, discuss how the funds will be used.
- Faculty Supporting Letter
Include a letter endorsing your research and request for funds from a faculty member
who has been directly supervising your work. This letter should be an overall assessment of your research and speak to the strength of the project.
- Send the original packet of all application materials (application, budget request,
Out-of-State Travel form, proposal, faculty support letter) by Monday, February 16, 2015 to Office of Graduate Studies and Research, c/o Jessica Scott, Holloway Hall 262.
Back to Top
FINAL REPORT SUBMISSION PROCEDURES
A final report detailing the activities carried out with the assistance of the grant along with a complete list of itemized expenses is required. Instructions for compiling the final report are listed below.
The final report shall include:
- A typed, formal description of all research activities. For travel funds, describe the conference attended along with an account of your presentation. For equipment funds, describe the research you conducted along with what you gained from it.
- A completed Itemized Expenditures form.
- All receipts related to research and travel expenses.
Submit the final report (formal description of research/travel, Itemized Expenditures form,
and receipts) to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research, c/o Jessica Scott, Holloway
Hall 262 by the end of the fiscal term in which the grant was awarded. For example: For spring allocations, all monies must be spent by the last week of the fall semester. Fall fall allocations, money must be spent by the last week of the spring semester.
IMPORTANT: If the final report and expense statement is not submitted, with receipts attached, Financial Services will be notified. This will mean that student grades will not be posted, you will be precluded from registration/graduation and you will be required to reimburse the money before the Financial Services flag is removed.
Back to Top
CONTACT FOR SENDING APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES:
Office of Graduate Studies and Research
Holloway Hall 262
(410) 548-5395 or ext 85395
Application Deadline: Monday, February 16, 2015 at 5pm