Research @ SU
Research @ Salisbury University
II. Quick Guide for Grant/Contract Award Management
- Now: Tue May 12 13:58:32 EDT 2015
- Today: $today
- May 12, 2015 1:58:32 PM
- 5-12-2015 01:58 PM
- May 12, 2015 1:58:32 PM EDT
All PDF and Word files open in a new window. PDF files require Adobe Reader. Download a free copy at Adobe.com
- Upon receipt of a signed notice or grant/contract award, the GSR-FGMO must obtain approval from the Vice-President of Administration & Finance to accept the award.
- Once approvals are in place, the GSR-FGMO proceeds to setup the award, internally, by reviewing the award and its budget, reviewing the awards stated terms and conditions, completing necessary steps for file/budget setup and then having a project number assigned by the General Accounting Office.
- Once the project number has been assigned, the GSR-FGMO will notify the project administrator/investigator (PA or PI) to schedule a required grant/contract entrance setup meeting to discuss terms and conditions, budget, reporting and allowable costs. No expenses shall occur on the new project until the PA/PI has met with the GSR-FGMO.
- All requests for expending project funds must be submitted to the GSR-FGMO for approval.
- The GSR-FGMO will forward approved project requisitions, work orders, employment and consulting contracts to the proper department for processing.
- The GSR-FGMO maintains an internal excel shadow spreadsheet on each of its projects and records every transaction being approved by this office as a paper obligation (before it is actually expended on PeopleSoft Financials).
- PeopleSoft Financials (n-Vision reports) and internal shadow spreadsheets are reconciled monthly and copies e-mailed to the project PI/PA.
- Financial reporting to the sponsor for grant/contract projects are prepared, completed, approved and mailed to the sponsor, by the GSR-FGMO.
- Programmatic reporting for grant/contract projects are completed by the project administrator (PA/PI) and can be submitted separately or with the financials.
- Copies of all submitted reports must be maintained in the grant/contract files located in the GSR-FGMO for required retention and audit purposes.
- It is the policy of this university to submit required reports on or before the required sponsor deadline.
- The P/A or P/I are responsible for the management and conduct of the research activities, including technical reporting activities.
- All technical (programmatic) reports and project deliverables are the full responsibility of the P/A or P/I.
- The P/A or P/I should initiate correspondence with the sponsors administrative or program manager to investigate possible programmatic or budgetary changes. In all cases, the PI or PA should be familiar with the award terms and conditions.
- All requests for budgetary changes must be submitted through the GSR-FGMO for approval before submission to the sponsor.
- Top -