Employment Department: Ward Museum of Wildfowl
Contact: Mark McMullen Bushman
Job Title: Educational Services Administration GA
The Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, Salisbury University seeks a graduate assistant for Fall 2015 to assist with the administration and coordination of its educational programs.
- Booking and coordination of field trips, teacher trainings and other K-12 school programs for the Ward Museum.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with school system administrators including, principals, teachers, and parent associations.
- Coordinating outreach to regional schools, PTAs, and Board of Education events.
- Supporting grant reporting for major grants including, Maryland State Department of Education grants and other like funding sources for school aged programs.
- Providing general administrative and program support to the offerings of the education program.
The assistant should have standard office computer skills, strong organizational and writing skills, public speaking skills, and attention to detail. The position involves contact with children as well as local, regional, and state partners and educators. The assistant may have the opportunity to work in the field to support various off-site educational offerings and/or write articles for the museum’s publications and exhibits. The ability to handle phone calls and interact with the public is important. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license, be able to lift 40lbs, and pass a background check. Work assignments will vary from week to week based on the specific needs of the department. Availability occasionally for evening or weekend assignments is required.
Hours Per Week: 20
Location: Ward Museum, 909 S. Schumaker Drive, Salisbury, MD 21804
How to Apply: Please send resume and letter of interest indicating Salisbury University graduate program status to Mark McMullen Bushman, Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, 909 S. Schumaker Drive, Salisbury, MD 21804.
* * *