A significant proportion of majors in the Department select human geography as their specialization. Many who specialize in human geography complement their training by also completing the track in geographic information science (see the GIS track).
- GEOG 100 Introduction to Human Geography
- GEOG 101 World Geography: Europe and Asia*
- GEOG 102 World Geography: Africa and the Americas*
- *If taking GEOG 101 or 102, students must take the one not used in the core requirements
- GEOG 308 Principles of Planning
- GEOG 325 Conservation and Resource Management
- GEOG 327 Political Geography
- GEOG 408 Urban Theory
Complete at least two courses from the following:
- GEOG 301 World Regions
- GEOG 403 Environmental Hazards
- GEOG 406 Regional Economic Development
- GEOG 416 Smart Growth
- GEOG 417 Water Resources
- To Be Determined...