Wor-Wic Community College requires college readiness
competency on placement tests in reading, writing and math as a
condition of enrollment into the Fall Fusion program. Please
review these very important steps to qualify for the program.
- Placement into college level classes is required to
attend the Fall Fusion program. It is important that you
take these tests seriously because the three tests will
determine your eligibility for the program and math
placement. Placement testing must be
completed in advance of the
May 1 enrollment deadline.
- Salisbury University will be automatically notified of
your registration for the COMPASS Placement Test. Test scores will be
provided to you immediately following the completion of
the test as well as automatically available to SU.
- Some students may be exempt from placement tests based
on SAT or ACT scores. You are exempt from some or all
placement testing if you scored a minimum 550 on the
critical reading or math sections of the SAT or at least a
21 on the reading, math or writing components of the ACT.
- WWCC is a host site for free diagnostic testing. To
learn about its Testing Center visit: Wor-Wic Diagnostic
- COMPASS Assessments may also be taken at remote testing
centers for a fee.
To schedule free placement testing at Wor-Wic Community
College Testing Center:
Send an email to the Testing Center at
indicating that you are a prospective Fall Fusion student at SU.
To schedule placement testing at a remote testing center:
- Locate a testing center site that is convenient
for you at
- Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you are a prospective
Fall Fusion student with your name, Student ID#, and
- WWCC Testing Center will respond to you, confirming that
a request for remote testing has been made at the location
- COMPASS will then email you the important testing
information needed at check-in at the remote testing center.
- Contact the designated remote testing center to schedule an
- The following minimum COMPASS Assessment scores qualify
for enrollment: COMPASS Writing Skills (36), COMPASS Reading (61) and
COMPASS Math Pre Algebra (36).
While the noted minimum COMPASS Math Pre Algebra
acceptable to enroll in the program, math placement into a
credit bearing class will require a score of 55 on the
COMPASS Math Algebra portion of the assessment. Students
earning a COMPASS
Math Algebra score less than 55 will not enroll in a math
course for the fall semester.
COMPASS Placement Testing may be repeated once after 24
hours have passed. Additional fees may apply at remote
- If you have not earned minimum COMPASS Assessment
scores, you will not be able to participate in the Fall
Fusion program. You are encouraged to begin taking
designated classes in the fall at your local community
college to address those important skills before attending
SU. You are still welcome to attend SU in the spring,
provided that you earn a 2.0 GPA in any attempted
- If you complete the tests and achieve the minimum levels
noted above, then you are ready to accept enrollment for the
* * *