As technology and the forces of globalization make everyone in the world more closely connected, it is important that students know more about the world in which they will have to live and work. Comparative literature is an excellent foundation on which to build the skills you need to succeed in a growing world.
Why Choose Comparative Literature at SU?
The minor in comparative literature consists of 18 hours of coursework. Only one course may be used to meet a General Education requirement and at least two courses must be completed at SU. All courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
Complete the following prerequisite:
- ENGL 103 Composition and Research
Complete two from the following courses:
- ENGL 363 World Literature I
- ENGL 364 World Literature II
- ENGL 366 World Mythology
Complete three form the following courses, with at least one French course and one Spanish course:
- FREN 350 Masterpieces of French Literature I
- FREN 351 Masterpieces of French Literature II
- GERM 350 German Short Story
- SPAN 330 Topics in Hispanic Literature in Translation