receive a TEACH Grant you must meet the following criteria:
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA),
although you do not have to demonstrate financial need.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate, post-baccalaureate,
or graduate student in a postsecondary educational
institution that has chosen to participate in the TEACH
- Be enrolled in course work that is necessary to
begin a career in teaching or plan to complete such
course work. Such course work may include subject area
courses (e.g., math courses for a student who intends to
be a math teacher).
- Meet certain academic achievement requirements
(generally, scoring above the 75th percentile on a
college admissions test or maintaining a cumulative GPA
of at least 3.25).
- Sign a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve (see below for
more information on the TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve).
Salisbury University Professional
Teaching Unit Requirements:
- You must be a degree-seeking Salisbury
University student enrolled at least half time during the
semester you receive TEACH Grant funding.
- Be in good academic standing in both your content
area and within the department of Education Specialties,
maintaining at least a cumulative GPA of a 3.25 to meet
the federal standard required for TEACH Grant eligibility.
- Be admitted to the Professional Teacher Education
department prior to or in the same semester you accept
TEACH Grant funding.
- Demonstrate and maintain professionalism in school
- Meet expectations for SU candidate and professional
dispositions outlined in the
as well as meet and maintain the
Student Code of Conduct
For more information on Student Eligibility please go to