Advising and Commencement
If you are looking to change to your major to Communication
Arts you should follow this link for more information:
- Students can find their advisors in their
account. Go to the
Self Service, Learner Services, Academics link to view your advisor
- Students should also check the university's
advising web site for information about program planning dates and
- Sign-ups for advising usually begins one week prior to program
planning. Faculty will either have a schedule on their door or will
use the on-line appointment system. Faculty using the on-line system
will send an email announcement to all of their advisees. For more
information about the on-line system see the
- Be sure to use the correct year's checklist.
Here is the current checklist
- Along with the checklist, your Academic Requirements Report in Gullnet
is the most accurate way to check your progress toward degree. You can view
a video tutorial on accessing your requirement report by
Be prepared for advisement.
Use your advisement time for more than
- Ask questions about how your major courses
may apply to your future and how to get involved
in extracurricular opportunities related to your
major (internships, campus organizations, etc).
- Get to know your advisor. Use your advisor
as a resource and develop a relationship with
Go see your advisor more than just at
- If they know you as a person, the advisors
will know ahead of time what type of student
activities, internships, etc are best for you.
- Be sure to create a strong relationship with
Do not be afraid of your advisor!!
- Ask about the advisor’s family and their
- You may be surprised to find how much you
have in common with him/her
For more information and advising hints,
please see the
registrar's page or the Fulton Schools