These questions are all relevant to your interview. You should become familiar with all of these questions in order to prepare for the graduate school interview.
Questions About You
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What are your two best points?
3. What are your two weakest points?
4. What are three things you want to change about yourself?
5. How do you handle conflict?
6. Explain your leadership/research/volunteer experiences.
7. What extracurricular activities are you engaged in?
8. Which of your college courses interested you the most?
9. What interests you outside of Occupational/Physical Therapy and getting into Occupational/Physical Therapy School?
10. Where do you see yourself in five/ten years?
11. What do you do in your spare time?
12. Why did you choose the undergraduate school you went to, and if you could, would you do anything differently?
13. What do you do to relieve stress?
14. What course was most academically challenging for you?
15. What life experiences have made you a better person?
Questions About Your Occupational/Physical Therapy School Goals
1. Why do you want to be an Occupational/Physical Therapist?
2. When did you decide Occupational/Physical Therapy was a good career choice for you?
3. What steps have you taken to confirm that you want to be an Occupational/Physical Therapist?
4. What do you feel are the most important qualities in being a good Occupational/Physical Therapist?
5. What opportunities have you had to observe an Occupational/Physical Therapist?
6. How will you handle the stress of Occupational/Physical Therapy school?
7. Outside of Occupational/Physical Therapy school, did you ever consider any other health profession?
8. Why do you believe you have the ability to undertake the study and work involved in Occupational/Physical Therapy school?
9. Explain the role of an Occupational/Physical Therapist.
10. What did you like/dislike about the Occupational/Physical Therapy offices you have observed?
11. What would you like to do if you are not accepted into Occupational/Physical Therapy school?
12. What steps have you taken to acquaint yourself with the role of an Occupational/Physical Therapist?
13. What aspects of your life experiences do you think makes you a good candidate for Occupational/Physical Therapy school?
14. There are many specializations in Occupational/Physical Therapy, which specializations are you more interested in and why?
Questions About Occupational/Physical Therapy Program
1. Why do you want to attend this Occupational/Physical Therapy program?
2. How are you a match for this Occupational/Physical Therapy program?
3. Describe your method of learning. How does this fit with the Occupational/Physical Therapy program?
4. What schools did you apply to and why?
5. What do you look for in a good Occupational/Physical Therapy program?
6. Why do you want to go to school here?
7. Why should this Occupational/Physical Therapy program choose you over other candidates?
Current Issue/Scenario Questions
1. If you walked into a hospital room to work with a patient and they wanted to wait until a TV program was over, how would you handle the situation?
2. You have a patient whose English stills needs some improvement and you do not speak their language, how do you overcome the language barrier to assist them with their needs?
3. Provide an example of a time that you had to make an ethical decision. What was the situation and what did you do?