- Now: Mon Oct 05 11:17:36 EDT 2015
- Today: $today
- Oct 5, 2015 11:17:36 AM
- 10-05-2015 11:17 AM
- October 5, 2015 11:17:36 AM EDT
Enable: $enabledate, Expire: $expiredate
What Is A Mock Interview?
A mock interview is a 60-minute individual session with a career assistant to help you prepare and strategize for future interviews. Traditional and behavioral interviewing questions will be presented and you will be asked to respond, as in a real interview. After the interview, you will be given constructive feedback regarding your interviewing style and how you responded to the questions.
Procedures For A Mock Interview (items are required):
- Drop off your resume, job description, employer and website address of a company you are interested in, at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment to our office, Room 133 GUC. You can call (410-543-6075)the information in with the exception of the resume which can be emailed to email@example.com. The interview must be scheduled either via phone or by coming in to the Career Center.
- If you do not provide the material above, your appointment will have to be rescheduled.
- If you have questions that you would like to practice please tell your interviewer at the time of your mock interview.
- Come "dressed to impress". This means Business Professional. You will be rated on your dress.
- Bring what you feel is necessary for the interview. No significant others, please. Unlike a real interview, portfolios will not be necessary.
How Can I Prepare For A Mock Interview?
- You should know your interests, what you value, and what skills and competencies you can bring to an organization.
- Check out our web page (click here) on how to interview, or read a book on interviewing techniques prior to your mock interview.
- Review company website. You can learn much about a company's mission, philosophy, products and services and what they value by reviewing their website.
How Do I Schedule A Mock Interview?
- To make an appointment the easiest way, click here or go to the Career Center, Room 133 University Center or call 410-543-6075.