Juniors - Third Year Students
Here are learning activities that you must do as a Junior to begin to position yourself for your next career steps:
- Draft your resume. Come into our office in GUC 133 anytime to get that resume reviewed. You will need a resume to get an internship!
- Plan on securing an Internship during this period. Read the weekly Internship Alert Digest that will be sent to your school Email account. Talk to your faculty advisor about this or make an appointment with the Career Services Staff.
- Attend Job Fairs on-campus to hunt for internship positions.
- Expand your involvement in clubs and activities on-campus. Now is the time to think about rising to a leadership position.
- Continue your Volunteer work. It is a great way to gain Career-related experience.
- Enroll in GENL 110-150, the Personal Career Planning Class for 2 credits. This is a job/internship class for juniors and seniors.
- Planning on going to graduate school? Become involved in undergraduate student research to increase your chances of acceptance at really good schools.
- Secure a summer job that "counts", one that relates to your future career. Check out the Part-time/Summer Jobs. For a summer job think Nationwide!
- Think about studying abroad in the next few semesters. A great way to make yourself stand out! Think about interning abroad or volunteering overseas as well.
- Learn what skills and abilities you must possess when you graduate from college to be successful. All employers want these from their employees, no matter what the major. Do you have them? How can you show it on your resume?
- Students often, inadvertently, hurt their future careers. Dangers lurk-Beware! Know them before it is too late. Be sure to Google yourself and see what employers and others can see about you.
- The time to begin is NOW. Career Services stands ready to help you. Come into our office in GUC 133 anytime.
Click to get a list of activities you will need to do to ensure your career success as a Seniors.