Summer Associate - Construction
Date inactive: 5/3/2013
Employer Name: K. Hovnanian Companies , LLC
Employer Description: K. Hovnanian Homes is a nationally recognized homebuilder that has been committed to excellence since 1959. To succeed for 50 years as a company, it helps to have a clear vision of what you stand for. Kevork S. Hovnanian had that vision when he created his homebuilding company. Today, K. Hovnanian Homes is still going strong by adhering to the principles set in place by its founder. He envisioned a homebuilding company whose homes would provide lasting advantages for years to come
Employer Address: 110 W. Front St., Red Bank, NJ 07701
Phone Number: 732-383-2757
Job Description: Summer Associate Summer Associate will assist the Community Construction Manager in the delivery of homes that meet customer and Company standards by preparing punch lists and ensuring the quality of trade partner's work while acting within compliance of all federal and state safety procedures and regulations. This position will shadow/assist the Community Construction Manager in completion of the following duties:
- Complete pre-closing and closing orientation punch lists to ensure a timely transition of homes to Homeowner Service Department.
- Manage trade partner execution of work through ensuring each home is ready for each required inspection.
- Ensure that the work meets the quality specifications of the Company and its customers.
- Ensure that contractors and vendors perform on schedule and within budget.
- Process variance purchase order requests.
- Proactively identify and mitigate construction issues.
Ideal candidate will be someone who is actively pursuing a college degree in residential construction management.
This is a fulltime position (40 hours /week) for the duration of the summer.
How To Apply: Send resume to John Miraglia at firstname.lastname@example.org Subj. Line: Summer Associate –Construction DE