Education and Development at Strathmore
Date inactive: 4/12/2013
Position: Fall and Spring Internships
College and graduate students interested in an arts management career are encouraged to apply for a Fall or Spring Internships at Strathmore. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and positions are offered based on the needs of Strathmore and interests of applicants. Fall and Spring Internships for 2012-2013 are unpaid. Internships may be based in any of the following departments: development, education, event planning, historic tours, marketing and communications, programming, and visual arts. If the applicant is pursuing an internship for school credit, they must contact Strathmore in advance to ensure that all school requirements can be met.
The deadline for applications for 2012 summer internships has passed. Strathmore plans to offer paid summer internships again in 2013; more information will be available by November 2012.
ANTICIPATED DUTIES IN EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
• Support events, may include: generate class lists, organize materials, create nametags and reminder e-mails, make phone calls, and event set-up and evaluations
• Manage contact by inputting instructors, donor attendance etc. into Tessitura Database
• General administrative support, may include: budget template set up, calendar maintenance, mailings
• Track event RSVPs, generate event-related email and paper invitations
Ideal applicants will possess at least two years of liberal arts, arts management or arts-related study at the college level, but first or second year students will be considered. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential. Applicants must demonstrate a sincere interest in the behind-the-scenes operation of an arts center. Access to a car and previous experience in customer service or arts administration are beneficial.
Salary & Benefits :
To apply please send complete applications to Miriam Teitel, 5301 Tuckerman Lane, N. Bethesda MD 20852 or email@example.com (email submissions preferred).
Complete Applications Must Include:
• Cover letter including the days and hours you are available and department(s) of interest If you do not know your final class schedule, at least estimate how many hours you will be available per week; final schedule must be confirmed before any internship position will be offered. Preference will be given to candidates available for at least 16 hours/week.
• Resume including current contact information
• Names and contact information of two references (letters of recommendations are accepted but not required)
• Transcript (unofficial is accepted)