Audit Internship with T. Rowe Price
Date inactive: 4/30/2013
Name Of Organization: T. Rowe Price
Address: 100 E. Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202
Contact Person: Bonnie Lilly
When Is Internship: Summer
Description Of Internship:
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION - The intern will be developing/conducting/documenting audit tests as assigned by Senior Internal Auditors in connection with audit projects related to TRP Operations (RPS/Retail/Investments) and GBS&T. He/she will independently work with business unit staff and management to obtain and document audit evidence. The intern will be working with Senior Auditors and Managers within the Internal Audit department. We will provide this individual with a perspective on the role of Internal Audit within an organization and the approach implemented at TRP to provide Management and the Audit Committee with assurance that controls are effectively designed and working as intended.
- Support Sr. Audit staff during the planning, execution, and reporting phases of audit projects.
- Perform audit tasks as assigned and provide results to Sr. Audit staff for inclusion in audit work products.
- Analyze data and information gathered during the audit process, draw conclusions, and communicate results to Sr. Audit staff to meet audit objectives concerning the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls.
- Participate with Sr. Audit staff during interviews of business unit personnel to gather information concerning business processes, risk, and internal controls.
- Pose questions and participate in conversations to gather information and answer questions relevant to specific audit topics.
- Prepare written communications to document meetings, conversations, and audit analysis to comply with documentation requirements.
- Participate in meetings with Audit management to discuss audit progress, audit issues, and potential problem resolutions.
- Prefer accounting, finance, or technology major and a person who has completed three years of their program.
- Candidate has demonstrated focus and success in their chosen course of study.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Self motivated and demonstrates a drive for results.
- Strong analytical skills and strong written communication skills.
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity and a desire to take on additional work.
- Deadline driven.
- Individual recognizes deadlines and strives to accomplish assigned tasks within budget.
- Competence with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint).
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Procedures: Please apply online to www.troweprice.com/careers REQ 3197
Rate Of Pay: competitive