Development Intern with the Knowledge Drive Initiative
Date inactive: 3/11/2013
Job Title: Development Intern
Description: The Knowledge Drive initiative, in partnership with Books for Africa, is working to build a powerful learning resource for college students while providing children in Africa with the gift of education and the ability to attain a better quality of life. With the help of students and interns across the country, we have already donated 60,000+ books, and hope to continue building a brighter future for children and students around the world in the coming months and years.
This semester we are accepting applications for our paid Internship and Professional Development Program which allows select students to help shape the future of our initiative, while also developing, applying, and honing their professional skill set. As an initiative whose mission is built around helping students learn more effectively, we believe that students must be actively involved in helping us do so.
Those that are accepted will help lead the Knowledge Drive initiative at their school, which is building a more comprehensive resource for students while also supporting the development of education abroad. In addition to leading the Knowledge Drive, interns will also work with the Knowledge Drive Team to provide insights on how we can provide an even better initiative and resource for education.
Accepted applicants will also be enrolled in our Professional Development Program which provides teaching, application, and refinement of a student’s professional skill set. Designed to set interns up for success in the professional world, the program includes:
- Leadership and one on one coaching from a Director
- Weekly workshops on specific professional skills (ranging from communication to innovation) paired with structured goals to help strengthen and hone those skills.
- Personalized critiques and development plans that focus on improving areas connected to the students desired career path.
- Professional references upon completion and graduation from the program
The ideal candidates are:
- Interested in business, communications, technology, and/or entrepreneurship
- Well-spoken, outgoing, creative, and confident
- Involved on campus (a position of leadership is a plus)
- Experienced with social media tools like Facebook and Twitter
- Social, energetic, and outgoing
- Current students living on or near campus
If you are interested in joining our Internship and Professional Development Program and working together to do something powerful for education, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Salisbury, MD
Job Function: Management, Project Management
Period of Employment: Academic Year, Summer
Compensation Type: Paid
Job Experience Requirements: No Experience Required