Marketing Intern/Wicomico Recreation, Parks & Tourism
ORGANIZATION: Wicomico Recreation, Parks & Tourism
DESCRIPTION: The marketing intern will assist the marketing director with Wicomico Recreation, Parks & Tourism’s marketing, advertising and public relations efforts. Ideal candidates will be energetic, hardworking, web-savvy and brimming with ideas about creative ways to market our programs and events. While assisting with a wide range of projects, the marketing intern will gain hands-on experience and training in marketing tactics and analysis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist marketing director in planning and executing marketing and public relations initiatives for events put on by the department including the Pork in the Park Barbeque Festival.
- Assist with writing press releases, e-newsletters, radio campaigns, television spots and advertorials as needed.
- Assist with web maintenance and social media presence to ensure messages relayed are consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives for both the department and individual events.
- Plan and conduct on-site and post-event surveying participants of our programs and special events to analyze marketing and public relations effectiveness, demographics and customer feedback.
- Assist in providing monthly marketing reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current student or recent graduate at a college, institute or university in a marketing or communications program.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office. Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends.
REQUIREMENTS: Spring (February-May)
COMPENSATION: Unpaid Internship. We will be glad to provide any information, reports or evaluations required for you to obtain college credit for this internship and/or provide a letter of recommendation for candidates that complete their assigned responsibilities professionally and successfully.
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position, applicants must submit the following: ‐ Application ‐ Resume‐ Cover letter describing your qualifications in relation to the responsibilities listed in the job
CONTACT: Kristen Conn, Director of Marketing & Public Relations
ADDRESS: 500 Glen Avenue, Salisbury, MD 21804
Application instructions can be found online at http://www.wicomicorecandparks.org/about-us/volunteer-and-employment-opportunities.