Research Credit and Incentive Services Internship at Alvarez & Marsal
Date inactive: 1/18/2013
Employer Name: Alvarez & Marsal
Employer Description: Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
Employer Address: 555 Thirteenth St., N.W., 5th Floor West, Washington, D.C. 20004
Phone Number: (202) 729-2100
Job Title: Intern - Research Credit and Incentive Services
Job Description: A&M's Tax Advisory Research Credit and Incentive Services line continuously strives to find world-class professionals who are top talent. Our professionals assist large corporations with complex tax incentives across a wide range of industries, including aerospace and defense, food products, manufacturing, life sciences / pharmaceutical products, and software. The teams research credit and incentive services include: research and experimentation tax incentive studies, assistance with IRC Section 199 - Domestic Production Activities Deduction, fixed asset and cost capitalization studies, accounting method reviews and meals and entertainment (M&E) expense studies.
- Participate in large-scale client engagements, from client interviews, information gathering and documentation, to the creation of the project deliverable;
- Observe client interviews and assist with write-ups;
- Compile documentation to produce client deliverables.
- Pursuit of a bachelors degree or higher in the fields of accounting, finance, law, or similar;
- Excellent writing, analytical, research and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting;
- Strong sense of personal motivation, as well as the ability to work with a team;
- Frequent overnight travel may be required
We're looking for a senior or a graduate student.
How To Apply: Please forward your resume to Alan Bass (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.
What Major: Pursuit of a bachelors degree or higher in the fields of accounting, finance, law, or similar