Corporate Service Desk IT Intern
Date inactive: 6/1/2013
LOCATION: Chantilly, VA
JOB SUMMARY: This is an Entry level, paid summer internship with a normal, 40 hour work week. With direct oversight and supervision performs a variety of entry level duties designed to expand knowledge of the company and various areas within the Corporate IT department. The duration of this internship will be approximately 3 months over the course of the summer.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: With a focus on information technology automation, NJVC® specializes in supporting highly secure, complex IT enterprises in business-critical environments. We offer a wide breadth of IT solutions to our customers, ranging from strategic consulting to flexible managed services in five business areas: Cloud Services, Cyber Security, Data Center Services, IT Services and Print Solutions. Our global workforce includes dedicated and talented employees, with 94 percent holding security clearances, located at more than 160 customer sites. We partner with our customers to support their missions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This is an Entry level position in the Corporate IT department- specifically the IT Service Desk. With direct oversight and supervision performs a variety of entry level duties designed to expand knowledge of the company and various areas within IT.
• Configuring laptops for access to the NJVC network
• Install desktop software, VoIP and peripherals.
• Performing service desk duties to support the entire NJVC Headquarters staff and field employees.
• Work service requests assigned by Service Desk Lead.
• Assist and train users with desktop applications issues.
• Diagnosing and correct printer and application problems.
• Provide telephone support for off-site users.
• Move, setting up and configuring new workstations/laptops.
• Maintain desk phones, voicemail, regular cell phones and blackberries.
• Train users on software related features/functions.
• Maintain property accountability by updating database to track equipment and assign responsibility for equipment.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Ideal candidate will be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in an IT related field.
• Must be knowledgeable of MS Windows environment.
• Strong organizational and people skills.
• Excellent customer service skills are required.
• Able to work as part of a team and also individually with minimal supervision.
DISCLAIMER: The responsibilities described on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required of employees in the position.
HOW TO APPLY: For the opportunity to become an intern at our company, please forward resumes to email@example.com.