Internship with Environment Maryland
Date inactive: 11/21/2014
Name Of Organization: Environment Maryland
Address: 3121 St. Paul Street Suite 26, Baltimore, MD 21218
When Is Internship: All Semesters
Description Of Internship:
Internships with Environment Maryland offer students a unique, mentored experience. Interns work one-on-one with Environment Marylands advocates and campaign organizers. Interns acquire the basic skills to analyze issues and put together solutions to problems that threaten our environment. Interns learn that activism and participation in the democratic process yield results.
Though responsibilities vary, most internships include the following:
- Conduct research into critical environmental problems and prepare fact sheets for wide scale distribution.
- Assist in the preparation of media events.
- Attend meetings with lawmakers and state agency staff.
- Reach out to businesses and organizations to get them to work in partnership with us.
- Mobilize our grassroots base to impact upcoming policy decisions.
Although Environment Maryland internships are unpaid, students may receive academic credit from their college or university.
- A strong commitment to Environment Marylands issues.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- The ability to debate and speak persuasively.
- An enthusiasm for the work.
- Any majors are welcome to apply, we are mostly looking for a strong commitment to the environment and interest in working to protect it through non-profit work.
Application Procedures: Interested students should submit a letter of interest and resume to info@EnvironmentMaryland.org. The letter should describe your primary interests in an internship, how this fits into your career objectives, and your availability in terms of dates and hours.