NSA Summer 2013 Internships
NSA Summer 2013 Internships
If you are looking for that one-of-a kind summer internship opportunity and you possess imagination, initiative, and intellectual curiosity, then the National Security Agency (NSA) is the place for you! NSA offers a wide variety of exciting summer internship opportunities to students majoring in, but not limited to, the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Foreign Language, Mathematics, Statistics, Project Management, Architecture, Political Science, International Affairs, Human Resources, Occupational Safety and Health, Communications, Cyber Security and MANY others (please see postings below). All of our internships are paid a salary commensurate with the applicant’s education level. Internships are approximately 12 weeks in length during the summer and are located in the Baltimore, MD/Washington, DC area. Please visit www.nsa.gov/careers to apply and to get more information and additional requirements/qualifications
Application Deadline: Most ads are open from September 1st – November 15th. PLEASE NOTE: some have a closing date October 15th which are annotated below.
Basic Qualifications for all programs (see job posting for additional qualifications): Must be a U.S. Citizen
Must be eligible to be granted a security clearance | GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred. | Must be available for an operational interview and other applicable processing between the months of January and April 2013
Benefits for all Programs: Receive annual leave, sick leave, and paid federal holidays | Students who attend schools in excess of 75 miles from Ft. Meade, MD are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket. | Subsidized housing accommodations are available upon request if school is located in excess of 75 miles from NSA main HQs campus
- Computer Science Intern Program (CSIP) – Job ID# 1028648: Majors: Computer Science or closely related disciplines
- Cryptanalysis and Exploitation Services Summer Program (CES SP) – Job ID# 1028653: Note: Posting closes October 15 Majors: Mathematics or Computer Science
- Cryptologic Access Summer Intern Program (CAP) – Job ID#1028646: Majors: Students majoring in technical fields such as Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Physics, or Math are preferred
- Cyber Summer Program (CSP) – Job ID# 1028659: Majors: Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Network Security, and Information Assurance
- Director’s Summer Program (DSP) – Job ID# 1028653: Note: Posting closes October 15 Majors: Mathematics. *Computer Science and Physics majors with either a minor in math or a strong math curriculum may also apply
- Graduate Mathematics Program (GMP) – Job ID# 1028654: Note: Posting closes October 15 Majors: Graduate level Mathematics and Statistics
- Human Resources Intern Program (HR) – Job ID# 1028657: Majors: Human Resources
- Installation and Logistics Intern Program (I&L) – Job ID# 1028649: Majors: Engineering, Construction Management, Supply Line Management, Business Management, or a related Facilities/Logistics field)
- Intelligence Analysis Summer Program – Job ID# 1028656: Majors/areas of consideration: international affairs, intelligence/security studies, regional studies, geography, political science (international topics), international relations
- Environmental Safety and Health Intern Program – Job ID# 1028658: Majors: Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety and Health, Biology, Chemistry, or Environmental Science
- Summer Strategic Communications Intern Program (SSCIP) – Job ID#1028920: For students enrolled in one or more of the following areas of study: writing, editing, journalism, public relations, marketing or advertising, visual arts, television production, motion picture production, or 3-D animation, museum collections management, archives or conservation areas.
- Summer Intern Program for Information Assurance (SIP/IA) – Job ID#1028655: Must major in one of the following academic disciplines (with concentration in Information Assurance): Biometrics, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, S/W Engineering, Cyber Security, Operations Research, Computer Forensics, Network Security, Computer Networking, Information Assurance/Security
- Summer Intern Program for Science and Technology (SIP/ST) – Job ID# 1028949:
Majors: Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, Computer Systems, Network, or Mechanical Engineer, Telecommunications
- Summer Language Program – Job ID# 1028650: For students studying Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Persian-Farsi, Russian and Urdu. Must have taken at least once language course per semester, or have achieved language proficiency through some other means (for example, native/heritage speakers)
- Summer Program for Operations Research Technology (SPORT) – Job ID 1028652: Must be enrolled in a M.S. or Ph.D. program and have the skills to do Operations Research modeling.