Mr. Dailey's Class-Career Services
Overview-Tuesday, Room 114 HH-7 pm
Give out tests
(Return others to mailroom)
Interesting Fact to Remember-Quiz
Get out paper and pencils
1. Average starting salary of graduating college
students today is? (excluding engineering, computer science, etc.)
2. Average time for a graduating senior to locate a job?
a. 6 months
b. 3 months
c. 1 year
d. 2 months
3. What is the MAIN skill employers are looking for in
4. What part of the United States is hiring the most college
5. What is the most important thing you should be cautious of
when emailing your resume to an employer?
a. Make sure you send it to the right person
b. Cut and paste your resume in the body of the email and
attach it as well
c. Spell all items correctly
6. What is the number one place employers are looking for
a. Employee Referrals
b. On-Campus Interviews
c. Newspaper ads
d. Career Fairs
7. What attributes most influence an employers hiring decision
when 2 candidates are really close?
a. Leadership experience
b. Extracurricular activities
c. School attended
d. Volunteer work
8. According to the National Association of Colleges and
Employers of 2007, what degree is the most employable?
a. Information Systems
9. Why do employers want to hire you?
b. Communication Skills
c. Detail Oriented
d. All of the above
10. The average starting salary for Communication majors is:
11. College hiring is up by what % this spring?
How did you do?
correct=100%-Fantastic-I would hire you on the spot!
correct=91%-Great job-I would give you a second interview!
did well-I would want ask you more questions before I hire you!
did ok-I would look have to think about bringing you back for a
don't know about you! No interview.
way am I hiring you-Need career counseling.
here to see a overview of some our services
to Make an Appointment
here to see the Credential File System-Electronic (charlie
here for jobs
here for internships
here for Graduate School
here for cover letter information
to see the most job openings and salary information
Don't get caught behind the 8-ball
Use Our Following Resources:
eRecruiting, Mentor Network, Jobs Websites, Internship Listings, etc.
eRecruting and the Mentor Network-(meredithbrooke-endicott)
here for Job
Alerts, On-Campus Jobs, Part-time Summer jobs, Internship Alerts
here for resume information
1. b. $35,000
2. a. 6 months
3. d. communication
4. a. Southwest
5. c. Cut and paste your resume in the body of the email
and attach it as well
6. b. On-campus Interviews
7. a. Leadership experience
8. d. accounting
9. d. All of the above
10. b. $34,005
11. c. 17%
......... more events