International and International Studies Employers-Job Opportunities
Listed below are a variety of international job opportunities that
provide you a good starting point. Make sure you research the
credibility of the job openings.
- 4 International Career and Jobs-search by country and categories. Great site.
- Affutjob-Jobs in
- Alliances Abroad-Lots of jobs, everywhere.
- Australearn-Good for biology, government, social work, marketing, pr and more. Good in Australia and New Zealand.
Britain-We offer information and advice to US students on the study abroad,
undergraduate and postgraduate opportunities in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales
- BUNAC offers a range of working holidays including a summer camp counselling
programme in the USA and Canada, flexible work and travel programmes to Canada, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Britain and South Africa and
- Careers Abroad-new website detailing field placements and career
opportunities in the fields of sustainable development, biological and zoological research, environmental education etc.
- CDS-Study, work and experience life in Germany, Argentina and Spain. Internships, fellowships.
- Chemonics International
- CIEE International Opportunities
- CIEE International Teching Opportunities
- Corporate Information-Research countries and their various industries.
- Cross-Cultural Solutions-Cross-Cultural Solutions is a non-profit organization that
sends volunteers abroad to provide humanitarian assistance with our Volunteer Work Programs in China, Costa Rica, Ghana, India, Peru and Russia.
Cyber-Sierra's NATURAL RESOURCES JOB SEARCH
- engGo-Dedicated to
helping universities students and graduates to find employment overseas.
- EnviroLink Network
- EscapeArtist-Live How You Want To Live, And Make Money Doing It!
- ESL Teacher Recruiter
- Eurograduate-Many graduate opportunities listed under Career Database.
- Expat Exchange
- Footprints-Recruits teachers and university graduates for positions teaching English abroad,
currently in South Korea, Taiwan, Japan and Brazil.
- Foreign MBA-The job-search guide specifically targeted to the international
MBA student looking for a job in the US!
Foreign Policy Association global jobs
board. Thousands of global organizations
participate, including NGOs, international
nonprofit and relief organizations, think
tanks, and policy organizations.
- Global Vision International (GVI)- Looking for a unique travel experience?
Make a difference in some of the world’s most critical conservation and community projects with Global Vision International and selected partner
organizations. Adventurous individuals can join challenging Marine Conservation and Wildlife Research expeditions in Mexico, Ecuador and
Costa Rica and take part in volunteer conservation and community work in over 20 countries worldwide throughout Latin America, Africa and Asia.
- GoAbroad.com-Very easy to use site for jobs and study abroad.
- GoJobSite-Search for jobs in Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England.
- Go Global
- Going Global
GRANTS FOR NORTH AMERICAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE ASSISTANTS IN SPAIN
- HI Visa Jobs-Database of 20,000 American firms that offered jobs with sponsorship forh1 visa in 2000.
- iHipo is the High Potential network dedicated to empowering international careers
- iAgora-Connecting internationals.
- InfoJobs.com.br-Spanish jobs.
Infonation-Compares statistical data from a variety of countries. Will assist you in
addressing relocation issues to foreign countries.
- International Career Employment Center-All inclusive international site thttp://www.umich.edu/~icenter/overseas/hat has job openings, employer profiles, etc.
International Center-Very good site from U. of Michigan. Work and study
Development Jobs-NGO, nonprofit and Charity jobs
International Relations Jobs in the Federal Government
- International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience
(IAESTE)-Places engineering, natural, physical, and computer science, agricultural science, architecture, and other technical
students into paid, technical internships in over 70 countries.
- International Jobs-All inclusive site.
- International Rescue Committee-Quite a few job listings in various countries.
- International Staffing Consultants
- JobiJoba-UK search site.
- Jobs Abroad-Live where you want, do what you want.
- Jobs in Brussels
- Jobs in Japan-Easy to use site.
- Job Monkey-Work from around the globe.
- Job Shark-find the right job.
- JobWare International-Company profiles and job listings by country.
(You may need to use the translate button at the top of the page.)
Kazinow.com-An online job board, designed to bring attention to Africa and
African focused companies. It delivers job services, but will also serve to educate on recruitment trends, news and information.
- Mission:Teach-The goal is to matches teachers, and other support candidates, to the
international schools that need their services.
- Northern Ireland-Look
who is recruiting
Online Database of American Employers for International Professionals.
- Operation Crossroads Africa 2012
- Overseas Digest
- Overseas Job Express-International job openings by category and job resource.
Oxford Jobs-Teach abroad.
- Pact International
- Planet Recruit-thousands of jobs and we'll help you to find the one that's right for you.
- Projects-Abroad-Life-Changing opportunities.
TALK-Teach and Learn in Korea. with the support of the Korean
- Teach in China-One half year or a year in China will give you the opportunity to teach some bright and dedicated students.
- Teach & Travel-Teach English in Korea.
- TeachAway.com- Are you interested in teaching overseas? Teach Away is dedicated
to helping motivated and adventurous English speaking graduates find ESL teaching jobs abroad. Teach Away's services are free!
- Top Language Jobs
- Transitions Abroad-Look under "work".
- UN Development Programme
- United States Agency for International Development
- WORKgateways -- a UK job site for travelers from Australia, New Zealand, and South
Africa who are searching for UK-based jobs in engineering, construction, and town planning. Includes some great resources and useful UK links.
Registration required. Free.
- UniWorld-Site that is easy to use but does charge an extensive fee or search results.
- WorldTeach-Non-profit organization based at Harvard which sends volunteers overseas to teach in developing countries.
International Studies Resources
- Central Intelligence Agency-Click on Employment at CIA.
- Corporation for National and Community Services-engages Americans of all ages and
backgrounds in service to help strengthen communities.
- Customs and Border Protection-A part of Homeland Security.
- DEA-Drug Enforcement Administration jobs.
- Defense Intelligence Agency-Click on Employment Opportunities.
- Department of Commerce-Regulating and providing information on businesses.
- Department of Education-aims to ensure that all students have equal access to quality education.http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) -Meeting the housing needs of the nation's cities.
- Department of Labor -Ensuring safe working conditions, minimum hourly wage and overtime.
- Department of Justice-Major law enforcement branch of the Federal Government.
- Department of Transportation (DOT)-We keep America moving. Careers in economics,
procurement, budget, finance, civil rights, community planning, statistics, HR, engineering, IT, safety etc.
- Department of Veterans Affairs-Also from click
for contact to state departments of Veterans Affairs.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)-Enforces federal law related to employment.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-Careers for scientists, engineers and others.
Geographically dispersed. EPA is a "great place to work", according to the Washingtonian Magazine. Hires about 700 people a year, 30% in entry level
- FBI-Extensive site concerning all aspects of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Federal Communications Commission-regulating interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite and cable.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency-Responding to disasters, part of Homeland Security.
- General Services Administration-Whatever your major, wherever your expertise lies, GSA has a job for you.
- Homeland Security-Responsible for protecting our borders.
- iHipo is the High Potential network dedicated to empowering international careers
- Internal Revenue Service
- National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)- An independent federal agency that
supervises and insures over 4,100 state-chartered credit unions. Offices throughout the country.
- National Park Service Dedicated to the preservation and management of this
country’s outstanding natural, historical, and recreational resources.
- National Security Agency-Providing and protecting vital information.
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB)-Responsible for formulating the President's budget.
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM)-The Federal Government's office of Human Resources.
- Peace Corps-Currently, 6,678 Peace Corps volunteers are serving in 70
countries, working to bring clean water to communities, teach children, help start new small businesses, and stop the spread of AIDS.
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, a US Government agency. Protects the
retirement incomes of about 43 million American workers.
- Secret Service (Department of the Treasury)-A premier law enforcement
organization looking for highly qualified men and women from diverse backgrounds who desire a fast paced, exciting and challenging career.
- Smithsonian Institution
- Social Security Administration-The Social Security Administration serves more
than 90% of Americans and builds protection for them and their families against a reduction of income as a result of retirement, disability, or death.
- USA Jobs Today-The federal site where all jobs are posted.
- U.S. Census Bureau-Employment opportunities with the US Census Bureau.
- U.S. Department of Labor-Many jobs for many types of employees whose job it is to enhance the working conditions of American workers.
- U.S. Department of State-Some of the most interesting work in the world is
done by the Department of State employees overseas and in D.C. Becoming a Foreign Service Officer, Foreign Service Specialist or Civil
Service employee gives you the opportunity to really make a difference.
- U.S. Department of State Careers-Explore hundreds of current opportunities in
the Foreign and Civil Service. Student Programs with the State Department
- U.S. Department of the Treasury, FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE- The four core
positions are Accountants, Computer Specialist, Financial Program Specialist, and Program Analyst (Project Managers).
- Academic360.com-Easy to follow site that lists higher education jobs by faculty discipline.
Also staff and admin positions. Links to college home pages.
- Academic Careers on Line-includes faculty, research, post doc, adjunct,
administrative, and senior management positions at (community) colleges, universities, and research institutes around the world.
- Chronicle of Higher Education-Job vacancies nationally and internationally from variety of colleges and universities.
CASE Jobs - Here you'll find job listings for college and university careers
in alumni relations, communications, development/fund raising, public relations, major gifts, annual fund, government relations, information
systems and advancement services, and advancement management. CASE is the premier association for higher education professionals in advancement
careers. They update the job listings daily.
- Higheredjobs.com-Easy to navigate site for higher education jobs.
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium.
- U.S. Senate on Foreign Relations Committee-The Committee studies and reviews,
on a comprehensive basis, matters relating to the national security policy, foreign policy, and international economic policy as it relates to the
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (Helsinki Commission)-The
Commission is authorized and directed: "to monitor the acts of the signatories which reflect compliance with or violation of the articles of
the Finacl Act of Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, with particular regard to the provisions relating to Human Rights and Cooperation
in Humanitarian Fields...," and "to report to the House of Representatives and the Senate with respect to the matters covered by this Act on a periodic
basis and to provide information to members of the House and Senate as requested."
- UNIDO-United Nations Industrial Development.
- Human Rights Watch-Committed to protecting human rights world wide.
- CARE-A leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special
focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape povert
Foreign Embassies in America:
Many foreign embassies in Washington and their consulates in major U.S.
cities seek American citizens to fill vacancies. Here is a selection of
Embassy (The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
In addition to their embassy in Washington, the British have consulates all
across the country. To contact the embassy call 202-588-6500 and ask for the
human resources department. The mailing address for the British Embassy is
3100 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008.
- Embassy of Canada
The Canadian embassy offers internships for American students. Please
contact the Embassy Intern Coordinator at 202-682-1740, ext. 7530. The
Canadian Embassy's address is 501 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC. The
main phone is 202-682-1740.
- Embassy of Australia
To contact the embassy call 202-797-3000. The Australian Embassy's address
is 1601 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036. The embassy has job
openings listed online.
- Embassy of Ireland
To contact the embassy call 202-462-3939. The Irish Embassy's address is
2234 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008. The embassy has job
openings listed online.
- Embassy of New Zealand
To contact the embassy call 202-328-4800. The New Zealander Embassy's
address is 37 Observatory Circle NW, Washington, DC 20008. The embassy has
job openings listed online.
- Embassy of Brazil
The Brazillian Embassy offers internships for American students. Please
contact the Embassy Internship Coordinator at 202-238-2700. The Brazillian
Embassy's address is 3006 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008.
- Embassy of Germany
To contact the embassy call 202-298-4000. The German Embassy's address is
4645 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007.
- Embassy of France
To contact the embassy call 202-944-6000. The French Embassy's address is
4101 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007.
- Embassy of Mexico
To contact the embassy call 202-728-1600. The Mexican Embassy's address is
1911 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006.
Embassy of Spain
To contact the embassy call 202-452-0100. The Spanish Embassy's address is
2375 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037.
- Embassy of Russia
To contact the embassy call 202-298-5700. The Russian Embassy's address is
2650 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20007.
- Embassy of the Peoples' Republic of China
To contact the embassy call 202-328-2500. The Chinese Embassy's address is
2300 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20008.
- Taiwan - TECRO - Republic of China
To contact the embassy call 202-895-1800. The address is 4201 Wisconsin
Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20016.
- Embassy of Switzerland
To contact the embassy call 202-745-7900. The Swiss Embassy's address is
2900 Cathedral Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20008.
of Israel To contact the embassy call 202-364-5500. The Israeli Embassy's address is
3514 International Drive, NW, Washington, DC 20008.
For information on working in Israel, see: www.gov.il/firstgov/english
of JapanTo contact the embassy call 202-238-6700. The Japanese Embassy's address is
2520 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20008.
- Embassy of India
To contact the embassy call 202-939-7000. The Indian Embassy's address is
2107 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20008.
- Embassy of Ghana
To contact the embassy call 202-686-4520. The Embassy's address is 3512
International Drive, NW, Washington, DC 20008.
- Embassy of South Africa
To contact the embassy call 202-232-4400. The South African Embassy's
address is 3051 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20008.
Web Sites of Foreign Embassies in the U.S. Through U.S. Department of
^ Back to top
international students started
myvisajobs.com in 2006. They
profile and categorize all
employers who have sponsored
H-1B visa, and use quantitative
modeling methods to provide
customized work visa solution.