Economics is the study of the production, consumption and distribution of
goods and services. Economics study attempts to clarify how the use of
natural, technological, and financial resources affect the lives of human
"What Can I Do With a Major in Economics?" - From SU Career Services.
- Overview of Environmental Economics
- Prepares you for a career that requires balancing environmental
sustainability and economic development goals. This career incorporates
environmental economics, public finance, economic development, community
and regional studies and environmental science.
- You are prepared to make a difference in an Exciting Career as a
- Resource Management Specialist
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Policy Analyst
- Environmental Economics Analyst
- Environmental or Industry Lobbyist
- Legislative Assistant
- Land Conservancy Director
- ...with the Public or Private Sector
- Environmental Interest Groups
- Industry Trade Associations
- Local Governments
- County and Regional Planning Offices
- Environmental Consulting Firms
- State and Federal Agencies
- ....Other jobs
- Agricultural Economist
- Interdisciplinary Economist
- Senior Experimental Economist (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization)
- Environmental Protection Economist
- Marine Resource Economist
- Restorative Business Manager (Silva Forest Foundation)
- Senior Practice Leader (Stratus Consultants)
- Resource Economists
- Junior Professional Officer (The World Conservation Union)
- Sr. Environmental Economist (World Bank)
- Environmental Specialists
- Staff Attorney (Earthlaw)
- Plan Formulator/Economist (US Army Corps of Engineers)
- Environmental/Natural Resource Economist
- Senior/Associate Program Development Position (The Scale Project)
Environmental Job Searching Organizations
U. S. Government Agencies
- USA Jobs (This is the official U.S. Government site for all federal jobs)
- Claynet (Links to federal and state governmental agencies and more)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI)
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC)
Other Federal Government Agencies
MD State Government Agencies
State and Local Government Agencies
- AATA International, Inc.
- Abt Associates
- The Abonmarche Group
- ACT Systems, Inc.
- Allied Environmental Consultants Limited
- Anderson Economic Group
- Arthur D. Little
- Associates in Rural Development
Benchmark Environmental Consultants
- Bradley Environmental Consultants Ltd.
- Charles River & Associates Inc.
- CONSAD Research Corporation
- DeLisle Associates LTD
- Economic & Planning Systems, Inc.
- ECI: Environmental Consultants Inc
- Entrix Environmental Consultants
- Environmental Dynamics, Inc.
- C-K Associates, Inc. - Environmental & Engineering Consultants
- Environomics, Inc.
- Environmental Strategy Consultants, Inc.
- Environmental Tourism Consultants
- E.H. Pechan and Associates, Inc.
- Foster Associates
- GEOMET Technologies, Inc.
- Global Environmental Services, Inc.
- Industrial Economics, Inc.
- Jack Faucett Associates
- Mathtech, Inc.
- McGuire Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Midwest Research Institute
- National Economic Research Associates
- NSR Environmental Consultants
- Ohman Environmental Consultants
- PA Consulting Group
- Research Triangle Institute
- Resource Decisions
SRI Environmental Technology Program
- Stratus Consulting
- TRC Companies, Inc.
- Triangle Economic Research
- WBM Engineering & Environmental Consultants
Journals and Newsletters
SU Department Links:
SU ABLE Program - Explains internship component of the Perdue Business School.
SU Business Homepage
SU Economics Department