International Studies: Prospective Employers & Job Opportunities
Foundation Center: Institutes & Non-Profit Agencies
UN & International Organizations
Fulbright Programs: Teach English Abroad
U.S. State Department
U.S. Federal Jobs
Human Rights Watch
Teach for America
Monster.com-International relations jobs.
Some of the best sites for jobs directly in conflict resolution, development, social entrepreneurship, etc. include:
- Alliance For Peacebuilding Member Forums - Jobs and Fellowships in Peacebuilding, Conflict Resolution, Development, Social Entrepreneurship and Related Fields
- UNJOBLIST- A very useful site with jobs at UN agencies and other Intergovernmental Organizations.
- IDEALIST - Primarily Jobs in International and Domestic Non-profits. Covers many sectoral areas, health, development, etc.
- INDEED- A Very useful site that searches across many job sites around the world. Searching by conflict and development keywords is best way to use the service.
- RELIEFWEB - Primarily jobs in International Non-profits and UN.
- FOREIGN AFFAIRS - Listing of jobs in International Affairs.
- DEVNETJOBS - Listing of Many Positions in International Development and related fields.
- JOBS4DEVELOPMENT -List of many jobs worldwide in International Development and Related Fields
- Next Billion Career Center - Learn about job opportunities in the development through enterprise space.
- International Organization Careers Website - Professional employment opportunities in International Organizations (site sponsored by the US Department of State)
- SOCIAL EDGE - Job and Fellowship postings related to social entrepreneurship.
- Give to get Jobs - Opportunities in the for profit sector that are involved in social change.
- ICT4D Jobs - Opportunities in information and communication technology for development.
- Zebra Jobs - A leading online portal for jobs in Africa, many focused on development related issues.
- JOBS FOR CHANGE - Useful resources and guides to careers in social change.
- BRITISH OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT NETWORK - Listing of Jobs at Key UK Based International Development Organizations.
- ALERTNET - Jobs in International Development and Humanitarian Relief.
- EUROPEAN PEACE BUILDING LIAISON OFFICE -Jobs at European Based Organizations.
- EUROBRUSSELS - EU Related Jobs.
- The New EU - European Affairs Jobs in Brussels and Europe.
- Sportanddev.org - Positions related to sports and development.
- Omidyar Network -Jobs in social entrepreneurship.
- Jobs for Change - Wonderful resources on nonprofit jobs.
- Inside NGO Jobs - Jobs in international development
Other Job Sites/Resources that may have relevant jobs:
What Companies Hire People with International Studies Degrees?
Once you have knowledge and experience in the field of international studies, you’re sure to land a job doing what you love. Various positions are available within the government or other corporations and companies across the world looking for someone with a concentration in international relations. A brief list of some companies that hire qualified candidates is located below.
World Business Academy – nonprofit business; hires positions for executive assistants, etc.
CBS Corporation – international branch: CBS Studios International; entertainment corporation; hires positions for international relations in business affairs
Google – online search engine with the mission to fulfill user inquiries in mere seconds; hires positions in public policy and government affairs, enterprise programs, communications and public affairs, etc.
BCD Travel – corporate travel agency; available positions around the globe; hires for business travel consultants, accountants, business analysts, etc.
Chicago Council on Global Affairs – founded in 1922; independent organization that informs the public of global issues; hires positions for researchers, global agriculture and foods consultants, program officers, etc.
International studies is a crucial area of study in learning how global relations interact and how to influence said interactions. Liberal arts schools around the world offer programs to enhance your knowledge in international affairs and prepare you for jobs that will allow you to aid in the communication between businesses and organizations around the world.