- I am fascinated by the field of psychology
and would like to know how most people get into the field.
- How did you become interested in
the field of psychology?
- What do you think is the best educational
preparation for a career in psychology?
- Which part of the job is the most
challenging for you?
- Do you think there is enough
growth in your area to advise
someone like me to get into your
- In your experiences, what are the
dangers or frustrations?
- Of all the individuals you have met
in your work, what personal attributes do you think are essential to succeed?
- How often are there cut backs in
your area? How does that effect the moral of the employees?
- Where could I write to get printed
materials about your firm or agency?
- Which professional journals and organizations
should I know about in psychology?
- I would like to view your area and career
with my own eyes. Can that be arranged?
- What are the qualifications are required
in your career area?
- As far as you know, what agencies hire
and train recent college graduates?
- What skills are required for your position?
- After listing my experience, is it applicable
to getting into your career area?
- What experiences have you had that you
think have been invaluable to learning your profession?
- Which classes would you recommend I take
related to your area?
- How did you get your job?
- From your perspective, what are the problems
in working for the non-profit sector?
- Would you describe your typical work day?
- What motivates you to stay in your profession?
- What would my earning
- How often do you work past 6:00 pm and
on the week-ends?
- What is the reason most people give when
they leave your profession?
- What would you say are the lifestyle considerations
of psychology as a profession?
- Regarding promotions, how quickly have
most people in your area been promoted?
- What experiences do most recent hirees
have in common?
- If you could do it all over again, would
you choose the same path for yourself. Why? What would you
- Considering what you know about my skill,
education and experience what other fields or jobs would you suggest I
find our more about?
- From your personal point of view, what
qualities do you look for in a new hiree or managerial person?
- Who are the most important people in your
- What are the busy times of the year for
- Would I qualify for any positions in your
agency at this time?
- What are the skills you are looking for?
- What do you see as the real product of
your profession? Who are you serving?
- How does your company or agency compare
- What are you looking for on a resume?
- What training opportunities do you think
I should expect in an entry level position?
- Do you foresee developments in your area
that will affect future opportunities?
- Have you noticed that it is necessary
to change companies in order to advance?
- Is there a trend of overabundance of people
entering your career area?
- Where do you see the
self-employment in the
- Are there other job titles that I should
be looking at that are comparable in your area?
- What kind of entry level salary should
I expect in your area?
- Where can I be with your company three-five
years from now and what kind of salary range?
- What types of positions has your company