Interview Questions You Can Ask - Health
Interview Questions to Ask Health Related
You need to research each school to which you
apply thoroughly. It is important to be ready
with some pertinent questions when they ask you.
Stay away from questions about the application
process itself. Here are some good questions you
may consider asking:
● Describe this school's curriculum in the
pre-clinical and clinical years. Are there any
innovations, like Problem-Based Learning?
● Are there opportunities for students to design,
conduct, and publish their own research?
● Is there flexibility in the coursework (the
number of electives) and the timing of the
courses (accelerating, decelerating, and time
off) during the pre-clinical years?
Counseling / Student Support:
● What kind of academic, personal, financial and
career counseling is available to students?
● Is there a mentor / advisor system? Who are the
advisors - faculty members, staff, other
● How diverse is the student body?
● Tell me about the library and extracurricular
facilities (i.e. housing and athletic /
● Are computer facilities integrated into the
curriculum / learning?
● What types of clinical sites - ambulatory,
private preceptors, private hospitals, rural
settings- are available or required for
● Does this school allow for students to do
rotations at other institutions internationally?
● Is a car necessary for clinical rotations? Is
parking a problem?
● Are there stable levels of federal financial aid
and substantial amounts of university endowment
aid available to students?
● Is someone available to assist students with
budgeting and financial planning?
● What committees have student representation?
● Are students involved in (required or voluntary)
● What types of student organizations are there?
● Is there an established protocol for dealing
with exposure to infectious diseases? Is
disability insurance provided to cover this
● Does the school provide, or does the student pay
for, vaccinations against Hepatitis B or
prophylactic AZT treatment in case of a
needle-stick or accident?
● Is there a school Honor Code? Is there a
grievance process / procedure? Are the students
● May I see a list of residency programs to which
this school's recent graduates were accepted?