Graduate School Interview Questions
• What/who had the most influence on you to go
to graduate school?
• How do you see this graduate program fitting
into your career goals?
• What are your goals for the next five years?
• How do you feel your undergraduate studies
have prepared you for this program?
• Describe your past work/community service and
what you have learned from them. Will those
experiences help you in graduate school.
• What recent professional articles or books
have you read?
• What problems do you expect to face while
attending graduate school? How will you handle
• What is one of your greatest strengths? What
is one of your weaknesses?
• What skills and personal traits make you a
good candidate for this graduate program?
• Describe your past research experiences and
how they will help you in graduate school.
• What contributions do you plan to make to the
• What do you believe to be the major trends in
your intended career field at this time?
• What do you think about the healthcare
industry as it stands today?
• What do you think is the one most important
development in the health field over the past 25
years, and why?
• Tell me about yourself.
• What do you do in your spare time? Do you have
any interests that relieve stress?
• Tell me about a time you achieved something
important and how you achieved it.
Questions About the
• What do you hope to
accomplish/gain from our graduate program?
• We are looking at many other students for this
graduate program; what skills do you have that
sets you apart from the other candidates?
• Why are you interested in our graduate
• Describe your method of learning. How does
this fit with this graduate school?
• What aspects of our program are you most
• What schools did you apply to and why those
• What do you look for in a good graduate
• Why do you want to go to school here?
• Give an example of an ethical issue you faced
and explain how you resolved it.
• Provide a a situation in which you took
• Explain about a time you were under a lot of
stress and what did you do to relieve it?
• You have a number of assignments due this
week. How do you make sure you complete all of
them on time and do a good job?
• Tell me about a time you were confronted by
someone. How did you handle the situation and
resolve the conflict?
• Tell me about a time you assumed a leadership
• One day, a fellow graduate school classmate
gives you a sheet containing questions for an
upcoming exam. What would you do and why?
• Name a situation where you had to make an
ethical decision. What did you do?
• If you are accepted into two graduate schools
of your top choice, what would you do to make up