SU Career Services
"Dream it-Try it-Become it!"
- Charlie Endicott, Associate Director of Career Services
-18 years at SU as Associate Director
-2 years Director of Career Services, Fairmont State College, Fairmont, WV
-4 years in Admissions at Fairmont State
-1 year as Personnel Coordinator at coal mine in WV
-16 years as underground coal miner in WV
-Masters Degree in Counseling, WVU
-Undergraduate Degrees in Industrial Personnel and Teacher Education, Fairmont State
-3 children-daughter/twin sons-all went to SU and got their Masters Degrees-Had one in college for 13 consecutive years.
Career Quiz/Mentor-Employer Quotes
- Test your career knowledge-Click here for quiz
- We have a 4 year plan for your son/daughter-click here to begin
- Click here for employer stories about SU graduates
- Click here to view alumni/mentor stories about their experiences at SU
Skills Employers Seek:
- Click here to view the skills/attributes employers are looking for in recent college graduates-NACE-2015
Services WE Provide:
What We Did This Past Year
The highlights of the 2014-2015 academic year are listed below. The number of students we serve, services we offer and partnerships we forge continue to increase every year. The overall numbers tell some of the story:
- Held 1,915 individual student appointments
- Over 1096 resumes reviewed
- Hosted 5 Job Fairs, partnering with UMES for Education Fair
- 1,319 jobs posted and emailed to students
- 312 internships posted and emailed to students
- Texting weekly to students -1508 students requested this service.
- 39 employers conducted 356 on-campus interviews,
- 18 employers held Information Sessions or hosted information tables on-campus.
- Conducted the First Destination Survey: Every year as students pick up their caps and gowns we set up several computers in the Bookstore for them to complete an online survey that lets us know where they are going after graduation…their “first destination”. Highlights of the data are summarized.
- Volunteer Center-21 students go to New Orleans/Job Fair-14 employers/over 100 agencies
Click here to view some of the student dangers for your son/daughter