- Now: Mon Oct 05 11:13:09 EDT 2015
- Today: $today
- Oct 5, 2015 11:13:09 AM
- 10-05-2015 11:13 AM
- October 5, 2015 11:13:09 AM EDT
Enable: $enabledate, Expire: $expiredate
Career Services Center—Get to Know Us
Dream It! Try It! Become It!
The mutual goal of both our faculty and the career center is student success. By working together, faculty and career services can ensure the transition from student to a member of the work force is as seamless as possible.
Think of the path our students take to their professional career as a camping trip. Our faculty does an outstanding job of "filling the students' backpacks" with the knowledge and practical skills they need to thrive once they reach their destination. At career services, we provide the maps and compasses, and serve as guides for students conducting their career exploration.
How can we help?
- We help your students find the right fit—We help students determine the right career and major for their interests, career goals, skills, values, and personality. During their academic careers, students return to career services to develop essential job-search skills. We are a student's best resource for job outlook, salary, and employment trend information.
- We assist in identifying quality experiential education opportunities—Experiential education is such an important part of your students' overall educational experience. Just ask any employer. Through our network of employers, we can help your students identify internships that will best serve them in their academic and professional pursuits.
- We know employers who want your students—At the Career Center, we work directly with employers, to issue internship and job alerts, organize on-campus recruiting and employee information sessions.
- Our career fairs attract many recruiters to one event—Our career fairs provide excellent opportunities for your students to meet representatives from the companies in their industries of choice and establish a network of contacts. We will help your students research the employers beforehand and provide tips so they are prepared to effectively engage recruiters.
- We help students master resumes, the job interview and the job search process—last year alone we gave feedback on 2,000 student resume. There is no better way to prepare for the job interview than by experiencing an "actual" interview. At the career center, our staff or recruiter volunteers will conduct mock interviews with your students, then provide a constructive critique of their performance and effective interview strategies.
These are just some of the services we offer.