Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University BW
A Maryland University of National Distinction
navigation icon opens header SALISBURY UNIVERSITY

Graduate School Website
mobile menu icon

What Can You do With a Masters Degree in Applied Health Physiology??

applied health

Job Titles | Places of Employment | Related Links

What do applied health physiologists do?

Many go on to become medical doctors or other health care professionals; others pursue careers in human physiology research. With an undergraduate degree in Human Physiology, you could be a research assistant, lab technician, clinical trials coordinator, surgical technician, or medical assistant. You could also work as a medical sales representative, as a scientific or medical writer, or in the biotechnology field.

If you continue to graduate school in the clinical sciences, you could become a medical doctor, physician’s assistant, nurse, dentist, or physical therapist. Alternatively, you might pursue your doctorate and head a physiology research program in a university, government, or hospital setting. You could also go into hospital or health care administration, public health, science policy, or work in health or patent law.

Job Titles:  up

Click here to find out more about the job titles below-(Occupational Outlook Handbook)

  • Academic and hospital research
  • Biotechnology
  • Dentistry
  • Environmental science
  • Food industries
  • Forensic science
  • Government agencies (FBI, FDA, DNR, NASA, USDA)
  • Graduate school
  • Law
  • Medicine
  • Nursing
  • Pharmaceuticals
  • Physical therapy
  • Physician assistant
  • Public health
  • Science writing or journalism
  • Veterinary medicine
  • Biomedical scientist
  • Clinical research associate
  • Exercise physiologist
  • Healthcare scientist, audiology
  • Healthcare scientist, physiology
  • Pharmacologist
  • Research scientist (medical)

Jobs where your degree would be useful include:

  • Medical sales representative
  • Physiotherapist
  • Science writer
  • Secondary school teacher
  • Therapeutic radiographer

Places of Employment:  up

  • hospitals and other health care centers
  • universities
  • medical and dental schools
  • private or government research centers
  • pharmaceutical companies
  • biotechnology industry
  • research centers and academic institutions;
  • pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies;
  • the National Health Service (NHS) - specialist areas include cardiac sciences, audiology, neurophysiology, critical care science, respiratory physiology, sleep physiology and gastrointestinal (GI) physiology
  • private sector hospitals, medical centers and healthcare organizations.

Related Links: up

American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation

American College of Sports Medicine

American Council on Exercise

IDEA Health and Fitness Association

National Strength and Conditioning Association

Need help or have questions about this page? Please visit our Ask a Question or Report a Problem page.
Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000