- Now: Wed Sep 16 10:03:02 EDT 2015
- Today: $today
- Sep 16, 2015 10:03:02 AM
- 9-16-2015 10:03 AM
- September 16, 2015 10:03:02 AM EDT
- Click here to view Volunteer Opportunities in Career Connections
- International Volunteer Opportunites click here
- Organizations click here to complete your Activity Forms
- Click here for "GAP Year" Information
- Click here to view Photos
Enable: $enabledate, Expire: $expiredate
The SU Volunteer Center is committed to serving the community and University by offering meaningful connections between students who care and organizations in need. The Center is dedicated to promoting lifelong values of commitment to service and civic engagement, encouraging awareness of community needs, and facilitating service opportunities to address those needs.
- Connect interested students to community needs
- Develop collaborative linkages within the University and across the community
- Facilitate student development through leadership and service
- Empower regional growth by offering student resources to assist in community transformation
- Prepare students for careers through volunteering and encouraging a sense of community service throughout their careers
How to make volunteering a "Win-Win":
- Volunteer in organizations that can make the most of your skills.
- Identify a place where you would like to get experience--offer to volunteer there.
- Treat ALL volunteer efforts as a job: be dependable, on-time and professional.
- Stay with any volunteer effort for at least one semester, preferably two or more.
- Start your volunteer work as early in your college career as possible.
- Inquire about a volunteer internship possibility.
Stats: (data below is from 2009 until end of summer 2015)
- STATS ALL-TIME: 5063 registered volunteers/233 community partners/626 opportunities (some with mulitple signup dates)
- 287 opportunities registered/9729 volunteers attended/40619.43 volunteer hours logged