November 8-10, 2012
San Antonio, Texas,
38th Annual Meeting of
Registration (Now Open)
Announcements (Last Updated 6/19/12)
Download New Conference Flyer
Conference Program (coming Fall 2012)
Financial Assistance (Application Deadline has passed)
Submit Proposals (Submissions now closed)
FOR PARTICIPATION IN 2012 CONFERENCE, SAN ANTONIO
The Association for Moral Education will award a number of scholarships to a maximum value of $1000 each, to be spent on attendance and participation at the San Antonio Conference in 2012. These scholarships are intended to assist graduate and postdoctoral students who otherwise would be unable to attend. We will also be giving several grants to young scholars (i.e., individuals in the first 5 years of an academic appointment) with the knowledge that young scholars have a number of conferences they might go to and we hope that they will find AME is a welcome home for their work. It is hoped that these grants will also enable the participation of delegates from regions of the world that might otherwise be under- represented
These awards will be administered, and applicants selected, by a committee consisting of Rebecca J. Glover (University of North Texas, 2012 Conference Chair), Sharon Lamb (University of Massachusetts, Boston; AME President), and Phyllis Curtis-Tweed (Medgar Evers College, CUNY, AME Treasurer).
Scholarships may be used to support travel costs, payment of the conference fee and/or accommodation and subsistence, depending on individual circumstances. Applicants will also be expected to obtain funding from other sources so far as possible.
Applicants will be required to submit, by email and in English:
1. Full name and contact details including mailing address, phone number and email address
2. A cover letter of no more than one page summarizing the applicant's reasons for wishing to attend the conference, and the importance of the scholarship in making this possible. Applicants should indicate whether they have applied for or intend to apply for funding from other sources (e.g., the academic institution at which they are employed or are studying).
3. An estimated budget for their participation in the conference, including details of their travel costs and accommodation and subsistence. The budget should state the amount of funding requested from the scholarship fund and what applicants intend to spend this on.
4. A CV of no more than one page including degrees obtained; current academic affiliation and publications (if any).
5. A conference proposal, including title of paper or other presentation; nature of the presentation (individual paper or otherwise); abstract of up to 150 words; 500 word summary.
6. A letter of recommendation from an academic supervisor, colleague or employer.
Please include ALL application materials in ONE email to AME2012@unt.edu by June 15, 2012 and include “Scholarship Application” in your subject line. The Committee will request further information if necessary with a view to deciding on applications by the end of June, 2012. The Committee's decision will be final.
Conference Websites and other Support Services have been provided by the organizations above
|(Please contact Dr. Lance Garmon, Salisbury University, regarding any technical concerns with this website: firstname.lastname@example.org)|