Officially opened on June 7, 1996, the Salisbury University Alumni House has a large social room, library, foyer, student workroom, warming kitchen, a conference room and eight offices. The house was designed, built and decorated by companies on the Delmarva Peninsula.
Offices of Alumni Relations, library of yearbooks and social room.
Diploma from alumna of first graduating class, Mildred Elizabeth Richards Parks. The ribbon cutting ceremony for the opening of the Alumni House occurred 70 years to the day after the date of the diploma. Mrs. Parks was present at the ceremony as was her classmate, Rebecca Wiley Goslin. The brother of Mrs. Parks once lived in a home on this site.
Dining table and chairs are from the original dining hall in the Great Hall of Holloway Hall.
Student work table (solid walnut) circa 1934, from third floor dorm rooms in Holloway Hall, donated by former SU professor, Dr. Maurice Bozman '56 and his wife, Carole.
Durfee Grandfather clock donated by Klein and Mary Lee Leister '43.
Framed colonial map and brass sconces above the library mantle donated by Anne Miller.
Silver Tray, Coffee/Tea Service and Silver Punch Bowl given by Pam Winters Dolle '76 and her husband Rudolph (Bunky) '95.
Phonathon Room, Conference Room, Office of Annual Giving and Vice President of University Advancement.
- Top -