Academic Advising
Holloway Hall

Current Students - Study at Another Institution

Current SU students wishing to study at another institution need to complete the Request to Study at Another Institution form. The form is avilable in the Registrar's Office (HH 120) or can be downloaded from the "registration" section of the Registrar's website

The form must be submitted to the Registrar's Office PRIOR to enrolling in a course at another institution.

Course descriptions may be required for some courses. Students should carefully follow all instructions on the form in order to gain approval to take the courses.  Official transcripts are required upon completion of any courses taken at another institution and should be sent to the Registrar's Office.

Current SU students are limited to the total number of credits that can transfer from another institution.  A total of sixty-four credits can transfer from a two-year institution and a combined total of ninety credits can transfer from a four-year institution.  Additionally, current SU students are required to complete 30 of their last 37 credits at Salisbury University for residency purposes.

While all students need to go through the official Request to Study process, students taking a course at a Maryland Community College can refer to ARTSYS, an articulation system within Maryland, that shows the transferability of courses from Maryland community colleges to Maryland four year schools.

*******************************Important********************************** If a student receives a grade of D/F in a course and retakes the same course at another institution that D/F grade will remain at Salisbury University.  Students cannot repeat the same course at another institution and receive the other institution's grade.  If a student does repeat a course at another institution, ONLY the credit will be accepted; the new grade will NOT transfer.  Please check with your major department before taking the course elsewhere as some majors do not allow you to repeat a course prevously taken at SU elsewhere. 

* * *