How to Apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan
- Step 1: Complete Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Credit Check
- Step 2: Complete Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Entrance Counseling
- Step 3: Complete Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Promissory Note
Step 3: Complete Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Promissory Note
Note: This is for first-time borrowers only.
- Go to StudentLoans.gov. (Note: This is the U.S. Department of Education's official student loan website, which has a .gov extension. Do not use StudentLoans.com, which is a commercial website.)
- Student signs in with PIN and user details. If the student borrower does not already have a PIN, they will need to apply for one through www.pin.ed.gov.
- Click the Complete Master Promissory Note (MPN) link.
- • Click the Graduate PLUS link.
- Make sure to click "Submit" at the end of the MPN to ensure the information is electronically sent to the Direct Loan Servicing Center. Our office will be notified, electronically, within 1-2 working days.
* * *