2014 Summer Aid
Students who will attend classes during the 2014 Summer session(s) may request a review of their summer financial aid eligibility by submitting a 2014 Summer Aid Request form to our office. After your summer aid eligibility has been determined, you will be emailed with additional information.
Summer 2014 Financial Aid
|Potential Summer Aid Programs||Description|
|Pell Grant||For undergraduate students with high financial need|
|Direct Subsidized Student Loans||For undergraduate students with financial need|
|Direct Unsubsidized Student Loans||For undergraduate and graduate students with or without financial need|
|Parent PLUS Loans||For parents of dependent undergraduate students|
|Graduate Student PLUS Loans||For graduate students who have borrowed their maximum Direct student loans|
Application Process for Summer Pell Grants & Direct Loans
- Carefully read the Pell and Direct Loan Eligibility Criteria below.
- If you are on Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress and/or Academic Affairs Termination or Probation status, your eligibility will be determined at the conclusion of the spring 2014 semester.
- We will notify you by SU e-mail when your summer aid is ready for you to view or respond to via GullNet.
- If you change your total summer enrollment after you submit your request, it can reduce or cancel your aid and increase your remaining charges. You are responsible for contacting our office, immediately, with all enrollment changes.
- The Return of Title IV funds policy applies to students who withdraw officially or unofficially from all summer courses.
- If your summer aid exceeds your summer charges the Cashier's Office will process a refund.
- You are not permitted to receive federal financial aid at two different institutions simultaneously.
Summer Pell Grant Eligibility Criteria
- If you are eligible for Pell funds based on your 2013-14 FAFSA data, and you did not attend full-time for fall 2013 or spring 2014, then you may be eligible for summer Pell funds based on your leftover fall 2013 or spring 2014 Pell funds. No action is needed on your part. Our office will determine eligibility based on your enrollment.
- Enrolled in at least 6 credits (half-time)
- Loan eligibility is calculated based on any unused Stafford loans that are remaining from the 2013-2014 academic year.
- If you drop to below half-time during the summer session(s), your loan eligibility will be terminated and you will be responsible for any bill received as a result.
- We will automatically offer the maximum amount for which you are eligible to receive. Download Summer 2014 Financial Aid Request Form
- Enroll in at least 6 credits (half-time)
- If your child drops to below half-time during the summer session(s), your loan eligibility will be terminated and you will be responsible for any bill received as a result. Download Summer 2014 PLUS Loan Request Form
- Enroll at least (half-time) and have the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 FAFSA on file at SU. Download Summer 2014 Financial Aid Request Form
If your enrollment changes after you have received a summer aid package, please complete the course load change form and
return it to the Financial Aid Office.
Download Summer 2014 Course Load Change Form