Information For: New Freshmen
Welcome to Salisbury University!
Salisbury University offers both need and merit-based aid for prospective freshmen. Students are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships based on their admissions application information. There is no separate application process for scholarships. Students may receive funding from the Presidential Scholarship and/or one of our many donor-sponsored scholarships. Learn more about SU scholarships.
Salisbury University provides a Financial Aid Net Price calculator as a guide for early financial planning for college. This calculator will provide a preliminary estimate of federal and institutional aid eligibility. The calculator is intended for use by U.S. citizens or permanent residents who will be incoming first-year, full-time students entering in the fall semester pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
Please note this calculator is for estimates only and the actual award package can vary depending upon the time of year, regulatory and institutional policy changes, availability of funds as well as verifiable financial information. Financial Aid Net Price calculator
Below is a step-by-step tool that will guide you through the financial aid process beginning with your application for admission to Salisbury and concluding with the payment of your bill. The links are helpful to both prospective and incoming freshmen. Be sure to visit the rest of our website for more information that may meet your specific needs.
- Apply for admission with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online after January 1, but by March 1 for priority consideration of financial aid. Include our school code, 002091, and retain your confirmation page for your records.
- How to Fill Out the FAFSA
- Financial Aid Award Notifications are sent beginning in mid- March for students who are enrolling as freshmen for the fall semester. You will be sent a hard copy letter announcing the availability of your financial aid package on the GullNet. If you just completed your FAFSA or were recently admitted to Salisbury, you will be able to access your award notification 2-3 weeks after the date of submission of your FAFSA or the date you are admitted, whichever is later.
- Salisbury University has adopted the U.S. Department of Education's Shopping Sheet. You can view your Shopping Sheet via your GullNet account. There will be a link to your Shopping Sheet when you view your financial aid package.
- Please review your 'To Do List' for missing documents. Once our office receives all of the requested information we will verify your aid eligibility to either confirm or make a revision to your initial aid offer. If your aid offer is recalculated you will be notified by our office. Failure to respond within the requested timeframe may reduce your financial aid funding.
- The awards listed on your initial Award Notification are based on full-time enrollment. If you plan to enroll for less than 12 credits, you must submit the Course Load Change form indicating your planned number of credits for each term. Your financial aid may need to be updated based on the enrollment change.
- Your semester bill will be available in mid-July.
- Pay your bill prior to the due date in early August to avoid late fees
- All students must meet financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards to maintain eligibility for financial aid awards. Students' academic progress will be evaluated at the conclusion of the fall, spring and summer semesters (if enrolled).
- Continue to check your GullNet for additional email requests, award revisions, and requested documents.