Accounting & Legal Studies
Faculty - Jerome J.
Professor of Accounting
Ph.D. University of Nebraska 1980
M.B.A. Central Michigan University 1972
B.S. Northern Michigan University 1964
- 1985 - present Professor, Salisbury State
- 1984 - 1985
Associate Professor, Radford University
- 1983 - 1984
Associate Professor, Arkansas State University
- 1980 - 1983
Assistant Professor, Central Michigan University
- "Items Affecting Retained Earning," The Journal of Accounting
Taxation and Finance for Business, 1998 w/ Mike Garner.
- "The selection Process for Accounting Textbooks: General
Criteria and Publisher Incentives - A survey," Issues in Accounting
Education. Vol. 12, No. 2, Fall 1997, w/ Ken Smith.
- "The Historical Evolution of the United States Statement of Cash
Flows," Essays in Economic and Business History, 1996, w/ H. Reed
- "The Furnace Town Phoenix: A Case Study of the Rebirth of an
Economic Community," Essays in Economic Business History, Volume XIII,
1995, w/ H. Reed Muller and Alice Paterra.
- "Know the Proper Ruler when your Client - or your Firm - Faces a
Lawsuit," The Journal of Accounting and Finance for Business, Volume 4,
No. 2, Fall 1994, w/ Joseph Quinn and R. Michael Garner.
- "Helping your Firm Know its Casualty Insurance Needs," The Journal
of Professional Bookkeeping and Management, Volume 3, No. 4, Spring
1994, w/ R. Michael Garner.
- "History of Accounting Theory," Essays in Economic and Business
History, Volume XII, 1994, w/ H. Reed Muller.
- "The Emergence of Professional Accounting Societies and Their Impact
Upon the Development of U>S> financial Accounting and Reporting Leading
to the Establishment of the Financial Accounting Standard Board (FASB),"
Essays in Economic and Business History, Volume XII, 1994, w/ Gerald
- "recognizing Revenue when Collection is Uncertain," The Journal of
Professional Bookkeeping and Management, Volume 3, No. 2, Fall 1993, w/
R. Michael Garner.
- "Recording Treasury Stock Transactions for Small Firms," The Journal
of Professional Bookkeeping and Management, Volume 2, No. 3, Winter
1993, w/ R. Michael Garner.
- "Nailing Down the Iron Clad Four - Column Bank Reconciliation," The
Journal of Professional Bookkeeping and Management, Volume 2, No. 4,
Spring 1993, w/ R. Michael Garner.
- Tracing the Roots of the Tax-Exempt tradition from the time of the
Ancient Pharaohs into Europe and the United States.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of a Maryland grant to develop an activity based cost
model for a high tech manufacturing company.
- Deans Bonus Award Recipient, 1988 & 1989
- Advisor to over 30 students each semester
- Faculty Senate Representative for the Perdue School
- Faculty Welfare Committee
- President's Advisory Committee