1. New employees who have not been placed on the State’s payroll are entitled to an advance equal to 65% of their salary.
NOTE: The salary advance is not deducted from the employees' paycheck and must be settled when the employee receives his/her first "official" paycheck.
1. New employees not on the payroll may be eligible to receive an advance check on their regular pay day, if approved by the Comptroller or the Payroll Officer.
Employees must first contact the Payroll Office, HH Room 215, regarding any request for a salary advance.
1. Officials (only) for any athletic or intramural activities may be advanced for the approved amount (requested in writing) by the Athletic Director (providing working fund money is available) at least 1 week in advance of trip.
2. Temporary advances for certain change funds can be issued with the approval of the Comptroller or the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
3. Prepaid invoice/registration fees will be reviewed individually and the method of payment will be determined by the Working Fund custodian. Normal procedure requires this type of expenditure be paid through the Accounts Payable Office via the State Comptroller's office or by the University's procard not the Working Fund. Thus, required prepayments should be processed at least three-four weeks in advance of any deadline date. Remember, no payment can be made to any vendor unless the State Treasurer’s Office and Salisbury University has a federal identification number on file for that vendor.
4. Emergency advances can only be made with the approval of the Accounts Payable Supervisor or the Comptroller.