Each applicant and or the Search Committee member(s) will be responsible for filing a State of Maryland Expense Account Form (GAD X3) along with the all other necessary original detail receipts (ie...hotel car rental, air fare, applicable meals, etc.) after the interview. The Dean's/Vice President's Office will then be responsible for submitting this information to the Financial Services--Accounts Payable Office for final review, processing and reimbursement. A candidate will only be reimbursed at USM/SU standard allowance rates for mileage and meals. CANDIDATES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CHARGE OR DIRECT BILL ANY TYPE OF INTERVIEW EXPENSE TO SALISBURY UNIVERSITY.
Committees should utilize University Dining Services for candidate meals as a first choice or except as approved by the Dean's/Vice President's Office.
This procedures is intended as a guide to expedite the processing of expense account forms for the Candidate Interview Process. If the above forms/approvals are not validated, the Accounts Payable Office will delay processing any expense account until all pertinent information/receipts have been received.
It is the policy of Salisbury University that moving expenses may be reimbursed to a new employee if the following criteria are met:
1. The payment of moving expenses follows the general guidelines as approved by the Board of Regents under policy VIII – 16.00 (see USM Policy);
2. Reimbursement has been approved by both the Dean and Vice President's office in advance of employment;
3. Moving expenses become a part of the initial faculty employment contract or letter of offering for administrative staff and;
4. A designated fund source is available, indicated and approved (i.e....department account code).
5. Reimbursements will be made according to IRS Publication 521 - General Guidelines for Moving Expense Reimbursements.
VIII-16.00 – POLICY ON PAYMENT OF MOVING EXPENSES
(Approved by the Board of Regents, June 21, 1990; Amended December 11, 2015)
Replacement for: BOR VII - 4.40