scontent: 1 bValue: -1 eValue:1
APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2017 ARE CLOSED.
RN to BS
This RN-BS program is for RN students (currently licensed as an RN) pursuing a BS as a nursing major. A total of 120 credits must be completed to earn a BS degree. Upon admission to the nursing major at Salisbury University, students may receive up to sixty (60) academic transfer credits from their Associate Degree Program. They will therefore need to complete additional credits (see checklist below) for the BS degree. At least 30 of the credits must be upper division courses taken at SU. Upon satisfactory completion of all prerequisite and required coursework, Registered Nurses with an active unencumbered Maryland or compact RN license will be awarded 30 additional credits after completion of all required coursework at Salisbury University.
See Admission Requirements, Resources & Links below for the checklist and application materials.
RN to BS Admission Requirements
Prospective students must apply both to the University for admission to the undergraduate nursing program and to the Department of Nursing for admission to the RN program. Specific admission requirements include:
1) Application completed online for acceptance to Salisbury University for undergraduate study as a nursing major by February 1.
2) Submission of all official transcripts to the University and formal evaluation of the transcripts with awarding/acceptance of transfer credits.
3) For international students, demonstration of proficiency in the English language. Additional University requirements for admission of international students must be met.
4) Acceptance to the University.
5) Submission to the Department of Nursing of the RN Student Application Form.
6) Submission to the Department of Nursing of all official transcripts from any university/college attended.
7) Submission to the Department of Nursing of evidence of current RN licensure in the State of Maryland or in a compact state.
8) Submission to the Department of Nursing of a 1-2 page narrative describing academic and professional goals.
9) Submission to the Department of Nursing of a current curriculum vitae/resume.
10) Submission to the Department of Nursing of two academic or professional references using the SU Recommendation Form addressing potential for further education in nursing.
11) Prior to enrolling in any nursing course, admitted students will be required to meet all Department of Nursing CPR and health requirements.
Resources and Links
Application Deadline February 1 for the following Fall semester enrollment
Application must be made online to Salisbury University for undergraduate study. The student must be admitted to Salisbury University before a decision can be made to accept the student into the nursing major. Application and enrollment may be made for the Spring semester but will be for non-nursing courses.
Specific Requirements, Courses, and Tracks
Ø Non-Nursing Requirements
Refer to RN to BS Checklist for the non-nursing requirements (including transfer credits, general education credits, and pre-requisite requirements). These checklists are available from the Nursing Department and on this Nursing Website.
RN students interested in attending SU are encouraged to discuss their individual needs with Dr. Voncelia Brown, via email at email@example.com or (410) 548-4784.
These files are in PDF format; you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read/print the file.